The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinking lately about my life and I came to a conclusion. I am a plumber, I live in a busy London road, all the fumes , noise and pollution are for me to enjoy, my health is going down the drain, etc

I don't think I am happy.

On a scale 1 to 10 , where are you ? I am a bit depressed

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Awww Plumber, I'm sorry you're feeling down. I'm probably at 7 out of 10 for happy, but I'm the first to admit that it's mostly due to attitude (and some basic medication for depression/anxiety). For instance this week we had to take one of our pets for emergency care and have a huge vet bill that may or may not be covered partly by insurance, but on the up side we still have our pet! :p Is there a way you could take a vacation and get out of the city for a bit?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am sorry to hear you feel unhappy. I believe everyone is entitle to living a happy life. Maybe you could talk it out with some one like a spouse, friend or even a counselor. When I went through depression, just talking with some one really helped me.

As for my happiness level i would say i am at an 8.5-9. My diagnosesof type was is really a bummer and sometimes gets me down but i have wonderful parents i can talk too. School and work don;t give me much joy either but they are things i need to do. Despite all that, i am generally happy.

Hang in there Plumber!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awww Plumber, I'm sorry you're feeling down. I'm probably at 7 out of 10 for happy, but I'm the first to admit that it's mostly due to attitude (and some basic medication for depression/anxiety). For instance this week we had to take one of our pets for emergency care and have a huge vet bill that may or may not be covered partly by insurance, but on the up side we still have our pet! :p Is there a way you could take a vacation and get out of the city for a bit?

I think we should all pay for a hitman. Anyone who claims to be over 5 - the miserable threshold - is a reasonable target.

They make me feel even more depressed.

·
Registered
792 Posts
LOL! Ok I'm a 5! Don't shoot me!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This guy could be good for target practice .. :) I am joking, I from Europe I never touched a gun in my life

however, Mr silvertiger - what makes you so happy ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
I am sorry to hear you feel unhappy. I believe everyone is entitle to living a happy life. Maybe you could talk it out with some one like a spouse, friend or even a counselor. When I went through depression, just talking with some one really helped me.

As for my happiness level i would say i am at an 8.5-9. My diagnosesof type was is really a bummer and sometimes gets me down but i have wonderful parents i can talk too. School and work don;t give me much joy either but they are things i need to do. Despite all that, i am generally happy.

Hang in there Plumber!
Hi paulk91

Thank you for taking your time to reply to me.

I am happy for you , you are young and you should enjoy life.

·
carbcrazydog
835 Posts
I am happy because my family is healthy and fine. I lost my father young and if i could i would change that. It taught me to realize every single day the gift of loved ones. I am happy that my family is safe and healthy. I feel blessed when i see all these terror attacks all around the world and see innocent people die. I cannot imagine the pain the families go through.

I have my lows- although from an outsider's perspective i should have nothing to complain of. But still there are days when you feel that this is not the life you wanted or dreamt of. But even in those lows, i try to keep a smile because when i am low, my family is sad. I went through depression once and will never be able to forgive myself over what i made my family go through. Now i go through life reminding myself that every smile and joy my family experiences because of me, makes my life worthwhile.

I would say....7/10......is that the hitman ringing the doorbell? :)

P.S. It would rise to 9/10 if i could include carbs as much as i wanted :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mr Paulomi

The hitman has better things to do. Can we raise the bar to 9 ? So many nice people claim to be over 5.

Mr Paulomi - I envy you , I am a 2

·
carbcrazydog
835 Posts
Mr Paulomi

The hitman has better things to do. Can we raise the bar to 9 ? So many nice people claim to be over 5.

Mr Paulomi - I envy you , I am a 2
Above 9 and i will contribute to the hitman fund. No one deserves to be THAT happy :)

FYI Its Ms. Paulomi :) There are days when i am pretty much below 0. But then you learn to bounce back. Get a dog....(If you like pets). They never allow you to be depressed. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Above 9 and i will contribute to the hitman fund. No one deserves to be THAT happy :)

FYI Its Ms. Paulomi :) There are days when i am pretty much below 0. But then you learn to bounce back. Get a dog....(If you like pets). They never allow you to be depressed. ;)
I like pets more than you think Mr Paulomi. But I live in London, UK

My last cat died in 2009 and I paid for that

·
carbcrazydog
835 Posts
I like pets more than you think Mr Paulomi. But I live in London, UK

My last cat died in 2009 and I paid for that
I want to own a cat once. I have always been a dog person but overall i love all animals. I find kittens so cute!

I have made a lot of friends on this forum and there are days i feel frustrated and low and all of these guys make me feel better. Take each day as it comes. One day you will reach a 3, then a 4 and someday 9....and then we all will pay for the hitman :)

Hang in there guy! There are more than enough reasons life gives to smile. Sometimes it just takes awhile to fit the pieces of the puzzle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I want to own a cat once. I have always been a dog person but overall i love all animals. I find kittens so cute!

I have made a lot of friends on this forum and there are days i feel frustrated and low and all of these guys make me feel better. Take each day as it comes. One day you will reach a 3, then a 4 and someday 9....and then we all will pay for the hitman :)

Hang in there guy! There are more than enough reasons life gives to smile. Sometimes it just takes awhile to fit the pieces of the puzzle.
Mr Paulom , you asked for it

she died in 2009

Attachments

·
carbcrazydog
835 Posts
Oh she is awesome! You should really get another one. The best impulsive decision i ever made was to adopt my dog from a shelter. I just walked into a shelter to check it out and could not leave without her. Here is my sweetheart!

Think about it....Sometimes a decision totally defies logic but works the best for you!

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am a 10. Others may look at my life and rate it a 5 or lower but I refuse to go that direction.

I feel totally blessed with what I have in my life (yes even being T2). What ever life throws at me I find the positive in it. Sometimes it takes a bit of creative thinking to find something positive but it can be done.

Hang in there Plumber ... and keep the hitman away from my door!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hang in there Mr Plumber!
Maybe you can be a plumber in the country?

Reactions: Plumber

·
Registered
617 Posts
Try to focus on the good things in your life :) If you get too low, don't hesitate to seek professional help - just a couple of sessions where you can put your feelings into words to another human being who you don't have to put the happy/strong face on for might be enough. When I'm really fed up with my body I try to think "better me than my loved ones", I seriously doubt they'd have the patience to put up with it all ;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts