The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This subject has been brought up many times but had an experience yesterday that makes me want to bring it up again.
Doctors, some of them drive me nuts. I was had an appt. with cardio yesterday and as the Doc was running down the list of probs I have she kept saying I was a Type 2 diabetic. Normally, this wouldn't bother me but when I corrected her with what my Endo has told me she insisted, "you're a type 2 the Endo just says differently because you have to use insulin. I was like "Whut"?
So instead of continuing a debate that was going nowhere I had her look more closely at all my records. Specifically the part where the Endo had done the tests to see exactly what I am. She just gave an Oh and then we continued on with other things.
Really kinda peed me off.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
They just do not KNOW! Good for you for making her READ your chart!!! GAH. That would utterly tick me off!:mad::mad::mad:

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Makes you wonder what else they missed............................

·
Registered
782 Posts
Your post made me call my doc and correct an error he made on my last visit. On my check-out sheet, he had checked "hypertension." Yet I have no history of it, and my bp at that visit was 114/72. :confused: So I called and said, "If I'm right, and I don't have hypertension, correct my chart. If I'm wrong, then call me back and let me know, because no one has ever told me!"

Doctors are good, but they need to be watched. They have caseloads of hundreds; I have a caseload of one. :p

·
Diabetic
2,680 Posts
I've seen that when doctors get caught on the wrong footing, they tend to throw the medical bibliography at you. So I avoid arguments with them. But yes as WV Mom has said, they are over burdened.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I was told by a doc friend, it's like bingo. The more of those little ICD-code boxes they check, the more they get reimbursed from medicare / medicaid, for the visit. Now, it might not be YOUR personal visit they are getting reimbursed for, but some of them just get in the habit of checking as many as possible ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts