The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since going on induction, I need to keep accurate track of carbs.

How do I accurately measure 2 cups of salad (just the lettuce part)?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Here's one source - I think an NLEA serving is about 1 cup, so yours would prob'ly be about double what this chart says - maybe 5-6 carbs. It's a toughie though - I hope someone else here can calculate better than I.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
It is easier to weight your food. Using a sclale weight your empty bowl first and then put your 2 cups in. Most carb counting books will give the carb count by grams.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is easier to weight your food. Using a sclale weight your empty bowl first and then put your 2 cups in. Most carb counting books will give the carb count by grams.
Yes, that was my question. I do have a scale that measures in grams,
but the package states carbs for "2 cups". I am confused on how to actually measure it: tight pack, loose pack (what does this mean exactly). 2 c doesn't equal 16 0z like a fluid would .. the pack is 5 i/2 oz and says 2 servings. I have already gotten "3" servings from it.

I will look in my carb book and see.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have a Salter nutritional scale. It includes a huge database of foods. All you do is place a container on the scale, zero the weight, then add the foods you'll be eating one at a time. Select the food from the data base and you will see a detailed nutritional account of that serving size. Zero it again, add a second food and so on. You can actually set up meals, or add foods that aren't in the database. I love this scale - it's my favorite piece of kitchen equipment.

Jen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts