Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

How to manage the previous medical records?

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Drucifer 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone, I am a diabetic patient and having diabetes since last six years. So, since then till today I have got lots of prescriptions and other such medical records. The problem is that at any time one of the previous records gets needed for my further treatment and it really becomes bulky to take them all. They are really very difficult to maintain also as there are a numerous of them. I wanted to know that if there are any possible ways to get out of this problem of handling that much bulky hard data or bulky medical records?

#2 ·
RE : How to manage the previous medical records

It was really a problem only to maintain or manage the total medical history of a person. I have also faced such problem, but few days ago I came to know about a device which keeps the complete medical history and Computerized Medical Records
of an individual. I will recommend you to consider that device in order to get rid off those bulky files or records.

#4 ·
It was really a problem only to maintain or manage the total medical history of a person. I have also faced such problem, but few days ago I came to know about a device which keeps the complete medical history and Computerized Medical Records of an individual. I will recommend you to consider that device in order to get rid off those bulky files or records.
Their lowest price 2GB device look like a simple USB drive.

#3 ·
Use a Spread Sheet to Track Your Health Facts

I keep my med records in a spread sheet. (Don't have a spreadsheet program -- use Google docs. It's online and it's FREE - Of course you'll need to signup)

I have a sheet that shows my daily intake of meds & supplements by time of day.

Have another sheet that shows my drug changes over the years.

Have another that just show my meds with dosage in alphabet order.

Of course, there is the sheet with my glucose numbers, which I fax off to my doc at the end of every month.

At one time I also tracked my food intake, but I have stopped doing that. After a decade, I more or less know which foods have the worst effect on my numbers.

And when you make an appointment, you should ask for their fax number. This way you can faxed your spreadsheet health data directly to 'em instead of printing it out for them.

Most computers have a built in modem and software. You just got look for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.