The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
21 - 40 of 178 Posts

· Registered
1,590 Posts
Pretty good day so far. I had to go out to get a baby gate to block off my upstairs. My dog cant seem to understand that the carpet is not grass grrrr. Who knew they were so expensive?? Blood sugar has been running a bit higher the last week for some reason. Maybe it isnt a coicindence that it started when the new semester of school did!

Hope you are feeling better soon Breeze..that was some tough bug to kick for you :(

· Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Having an ok day so far. Im heading into work.
Feeling sort of blah today, just overall blahness :/

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Was in class all morning and am now at work. I don't feel good today but I don't feel bad either. Idk, sometimes I think I just exist without even feeling. Is that even possible?

· Registered
24,406 Posts
My husband & I both have "blah" days too . . . he'll even say "I just don't have it today" and head to the sofa for a nap. There doesn't seem to be a reason - no aches/pains/aggravations . . . just blah sometimes.

· Registered
1,090 Posts
My husband & I both have "blah" days too . . . he'll even say "I just don't have it today" and head to the sofa for a nap. There doesn't seem to be a reason - no aches/pains/aggravations . . . just blah sometimes.
Well at least I know I am not the only one. :) They are few and far between thank goodness...

· Registered
24,406 Posts
Pretty good day so far. I had to go out to get a baby gate to block off my upstairs. My dog cant seem to understand that the carpet is not grass grrrr.
Is this furball an old dog or a young dog? ;) Our poor pooch got abandoned today, in a manner of speaking. The mister had been cutting & carrying firewood all morning & when he finally came in tuckered out, we got him rehydrated & somewhat rested & then made a fast dash into town for groceries.

So getting back home, I pull the car into the garage & pop the trunk, we get out & start carrying groceries into the house & then Mister goes back for more woodcutting. He comes in a couple hours later & we fix supper, we eat supper & he takes off for the sofa & a well-earned nap. It isn't until two more hours that I finally wake up & think "where's Fritz?" I ask Mister about it & he begins to worry - then I start retracing our steps & have to ask "did either of us let him outta the car when we came home from town?" Nope - we just popped the trunk & away we went. Is this the most forgiving 80 lbs. of furball that ever lived? Yep - he was just still lying quietly in the back seat, waiting for someone to come open the car door. If we'd left the cat stranded for 4½ hours, he wouldn't speak to us for a week. But Fritz is now quietly sleeping at our feet in the living room . . . just like nothing ever happened. Geez . . . :eek:

· Registered
1,090 Posts
They always say if you want to find out if your wife or your dog loves you more it is a simple test. Lock both of them in the trunk of the car for 2 hours. When you open the trunk the one that wants you and gives you kisses loves you more.

· Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Is this furball an old dog or a young dog? ;) Our poor pooch got abandoned today, in a manner of speaking. The mister had been cutting & carrying firewood all morning & when he finally came in tuckered out, we got him rehydrated & somewhat rested & then made a fast dash into town for groceries.

So getting back home, I pull the car into the garage & pop the trunk, we get out & start carrying groceries into the house & then Mister goes back for more woodcutting. He comes in a couple hours later & we fix supper, we eat supper & he takes off for the sofa & a well-earned nap. It isn't until two more hours that I finally wake up & think "where's Fritz?" I ask Mister about it & he begins to worry - then I start retracing our steps & have to ask "did either of us let him outta the car when we came home from town?" Nope - we just popped the trunk & away we went. Is this the most forgiving 80 lbs. of furball that ever lived? Yep - he was just still lying quietly in the back seat, waiting for someone to come open the car door. If we'd left the cat stranded for 4½ hours, he wouldn't speak to us for a week. But Fritz is now quietly sleeping at our feet in the living room . . . just like nothing ever happened. Geez . . . :eek:
Shanny-this was so funny! I had not laughed in a couple of days and you always make me smile! :lol:

· Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
My day was OK, I could describe it as blah, too. Didn't do much of anything. Had a long nap, got some bills in the mail :)() Just watched Project Runway on Lifetime and that is one strange show, I wonder where they find the people for that show?

· Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
having an OK day today. didnt sleep all that much. it was nice out today for my walk. made some small burgers on the bbq this afternoon for lunch (and leftovers for the next few days).

got something in the mail yesterday that has me kinda down. my insurance company had a rep send me a letter saying that they'd like to talk to me about my "cronic illness"

kind of hit home to read it like that :(

· Registered
1,590 Posts
having an OK day today. didnt sleep all that much. it was nice out today for my walk. made some small burgers on the bbq this afternoon for lunch (and leftovers for the next few days).

got something in the mail yesterday that has me kinda down. my insurance company had a rep send me a letter saying that they'd like to talk to me about my "cronic illness"

Hope it is nothing serious....keep your chin up. *hug*

· Registered
24,406 Posts
I hope they realize is that your "chronic illness" prompted you to lose 100#! If anything, they'd better reduce your premiums! :)

· Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

Try and not worry....if you need to, get an attorney or get a diabetes advocate who can help you with anything negative. We are here for you!

· Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Today was a good day, too bad my blood glucose readings were higher than my liking. Nothing else to add. Enjoy the rest of your evening! :)

· Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Thanks guys!

I think the letter was more of a "touching base" type of letter.
Just came as a not so subtle reminder that i am sick

· Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Today I was so :bored:. I ate a late breakfast and read my August issue of Diabetes Forecast, I always find this magazine very interesting. I played around on my computer and took a nap. Gosh, I love to take a nap! College football season is right around the corner and I can't wait to see the Ohio State Buckeyes back in action, so my Saturday afternoon naps will become history during the season.

I watched a really good movie tonight, "I am Sam". I had never seen it before. Sean Penn played a really good part!

Well, it is almost bedtime, so I wish everyone a good night! Sweet dreams!

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Well I have been planning for and organizing a church golf tournament for the last few months. It went off without a hitch today. :whoo:
The last few days as everything has been coming together I have been getting a little more stressed out and I think that has been the main cause in my slightly elevated readings. I haven't been sleeping very well either. Hopefully now that it is done I can get back to normal.
I did come home and take a 4.5 hour nap though. Waking up at 5 am is simply NOT FOR ME!!

· Registered
930 Posts
mostly a regular day
added one teaspoon of apple vinegar to meals in my "Snake Oil Diet" ( just supplements, no medications).

last reading was within my parameters ( less than 210 mg/dl )

22:18 food with one teaspoon of apple vinegar, 620 calories, 83 grams of sugar, 48 grams protein, i use this as my carbohydrate loading test
23:18 183 ReliOn 183 mg/dl 1 hour after meal
00:19 200 ReliOn 200 mg/dl 2 hour after meal
01:21 136 ReliOn 136 mg/dl 3 hour after meal
02:18 135 ReliOn 135 mg/dl 4 hour after meal
03:19 117 ReliOn 117 mg/dl 5 hour after meal

so far so good

· Registered
1,090 Posts
That seems incredibly high parameters to me. Are you surer those are good enough numbers? Most experts say that when you go over 140 you are doing damage to your body...

mostly a regular day
added one teaspoon of apple vinegar to meals in my "Snake Oil Diet" ( just supplements, no medications).

last reading was within my parameters ( less than 210 mg/dl )

22:18 food with one teaspoon of apple vinegar, 620 calories, 83 grams of sugar, 48 grams protein, i use this as my carbohydrate loading test
23:18 183 ReliOn 183 mg/dl 1 hour after meal
00:19 200 ReliOn 200 mg/dl 2 hour after meal

so far so good

21 - 40 of 178 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.