The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! My name is Shauna and of course, I'm new to the forums... I live in Texas and plan on becoming an elementary school teacher. I was diagnosed with T1 in March of this year at the age of 17. It has definitely been an adjustment with a totally different diet and constantly checking my sugar and giving myself shots.

I have one main problem though: I am the pickiest eater and never eat what I should... :peep: I try, I really do, but I have the hardest time eating healthy, and to top it all off I don't like fruits or vegetables.. :(

So yea, I'm new.... :cool2:
haha

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome aboard Shauna!

this place is awesome! look around, check it all out and feel free to ask any questions you may have

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello Shauna, and welcome. Sounds like your life was plenty busy without having diabetes added to the schedule. Believe me, we all understand THAT feeling! :eek:

How about you tell us some of the foods you really like, and maybe there's a way you can continue to enjoy them . . . I know I've been positively delighted since discovering a high-fiber tortilla that doesn't give me a spike, so I can still have my wraps, burritos, etc. There are a few tricks to this trade, so jump on in here & tell us more about it.

Sure sorry you've joined the diabetes "club", but am really glad you've joined our forum!

take care and visit us often.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hi Shauna, welcome aboard! That is a shame you don't like fruit and vegetables. They are so good for diabetics. I love them and don't know what I would do without them.

Do you count carbs to determine your premeal and presnack boluses? That has helped me so much to get good control. I have been Type 1 for 64 years, and I am doing very well.

Let us know if you have any questions. We want to help.

Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts