The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
What is the difference? Price? How it works?
As far as I know, that are pretty much the same. Both are fast acting insulins that start working and peak the same way. The only difference I am aware of is that Humalog is made by Lilly and Novolog is made by Novo Nordisk. There may be some cost difference for different insurances, not really sure about that one. I use Humalog.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I agree with what Pam said that the difference in how they perform is very marginal and a lot of people don't see a differance at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Humalog -vs- Novorapid

Good day,

I used Humalog for a few years. I then switched to Novorapid last year. No difference at all. They both work equally well. Why did I switch? My insulin pump manufacturer had a deal with Novonordisk.

Regards
James

·
Registered
633 Posts
There is no way to fix type 1 diabetes. You have no choice but to take insulin, which by the way is as natural as you can get, so as far as I am concerned you can go pedal your diets and herbs some place else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Insulin vs Herbal "Magic Cures"

There is no way to fix type 1 diabetes. You have no choice but to take insulin, which by the way is as natural as you can get, so as far as I am concerned you can go pedal your diets and herbs some place else.
I agree with you. There is no doubt that scores of plants, herbs, fungi etc., have given us scores of man made drugs. However, this recent post is just SPAM.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I agree with you. There is no doubt that scores of plants, herbs, fungi etc., have given us scores of man made drugs. However, this recent post is just SPAM.
But I like to eat spam, oh no waite a minute thats something different, this is not Specificaly Processed and Alternitive Meats. It did help us win a war though.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
We got the spammer, but you guys are just too sharp - I can't bear to delete your comments . . . heheh :rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone who responded & reported this one.

G

·
India is second in the world with 51,000,000 diabetics. Diabetes rarely gets diagnosed there let alone treated. If it is found, then those that can afford the management of it get the long straw. Those that can't...get their doors knocked on by snake-oil merchants, like Francis:

"Pleasant day today to you! I'm liking to show you this snake oil that makes the diabetes go away. A little rice, yes, and some curry...oh, and my special brew of Ayurveda, two handful's please...m'm...the smell alone is curing me. So, what may I be putting you down for, please? The 100 pound bag is being on the sale today!"

I crack me up! :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
What is the difference? Price? How it works?
Is novolog same as novorapid? If it is, i would say that there is a difference! If you are sensitive to insulin the difference shows very well. I changed novorapid to humalog and that was the best decision ever! Novorapid.. many think the rapid is a joke.. because it is too slow. And novorapid affected 5-6 hours, so it was very difficult insulin for me. And I had problems with it in the morning. Because it was so slow, blood glucose went too high but later it came down and that happened very fast and there I was: hyper-hypo-roller coaster!!! Humalog is much easier, faster and it affects only 2hours. To me it means more balanced bloodglucose and a lot easier life because I don't have to be afraid of hypos anymore :)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
For most people Novolog (the same as Novorapid) and Humalog both last 4 hours, and there is no difference. They are just made by two different companies. Apidra is the one that is fastest. It takes effect faster and usually lasts 3 hours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For most people Novolog (the same as Novorapid) and Humalog both last 4 hours, and there is no difference. They are just made by two different companies. Apidra is the one that is fastest. It takes effect faster and usually lasts 3 hours.
I have a couple of friends who had the same problem with novorapid. It is not unsual. I forgot to say that this is only for pumpers! I dont know how it behaves with injections. Novorapid has "a tail" (in Finland we call it that way) So the main effect is about 3 hours but the tail is usually 1-3 hours extra. The effect is not that strong as it is the first 3 hours but it is still there and for me it was a problem. My doctor told me that humalog is faster than novo and apidra is the fastest. And people have complained about the "tail" I guess it shows best if you are pumper because everything seems to show better with pump ;) I had injections for 20 years but nobody understood anything about my d. Every doctor said that I was labile, no can do. But now i can!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Clarification on Humalog vs Novolog

So I have been reading responses to the question if Novolg and Humalog are basically the same. I noticed the response that they are basically identical besides manufacturer. Reading further I saw the brand NovoRapid. Is this a 3rd kind. Do I still accept Novolog and Humalog as comparible?

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Novolog and Novorapid are the same insulin. It is called Novolog in the US, and called NovoRapid in other countries.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts