The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Was just wondering if you have the same thing as I do. Since my LCHF diet I do not seem to have the hunger growls anymore. I see. To know I need to eat when I feel light headed.

Anybody else like this?

Sent from my iPod touch using Diabetes

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I think virtually everyone who does LC/HF experiences this. I can barely remember that "growling" hunger of my HC days. Light-headed from missing a meal? I can miss 2 or 3 and never experience that.

Lovin' this life!

Reactions: Patdart

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
For me I was on the cycle of eating every 2-3 hours just to make my stomach stop hurting. I had no idea what hunger felt like because it was always mixed up with the GERD.

Now I actually get hungry, and it doesn't hurt. It's just hard to ignore for too long. :) I can skip meals without being crazy hungry but chose not too since I feel better on 3 meals a day.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I don't get the hunger growling anymore but definitely still have to eat something every 3-4 hours otherwise my liver will dump. I think the biggest change is my appetites at meals has lessened, so I eat smaller portions at meals. Since carbs were always the food that I overate, and now the carb portions are gone I rarely overeat. I find it hard to overeat fat or protein.

Reactions: Dura
1 - 5 of 5 Posts