The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Debbi. My husband was just diagnosed with type 2 a week ago. We are both getting educated as much as possible. We had our first meeting with our educator. Bobby's BG went from 530 to averaging around 140 to 160 this weekend. Meeting with the nutritionist tomorrow. Love the forums and I know this place will prove helpful!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
debster said:
I'm Debbi. My husband was just diagnosed with type 2 a week ago. We are both getting educated as much as possible. We had our first meeting with our educator. Bobby's BG went from 530 to averaging around 140 to 160 this weekend. Meeting with the nutritionist tomorrow. Love the forums and I know this place will prove helpful!
Oooopppps! Meant BS not BG

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Either way is fine, Debbi . . . you'll prob'ly even find it as BGL (blood glucose level), BSL (blood sugar level) and possibly even other abbreviations.

What kind of meds is he on? That's a really fast drop & you're to be congratulated on quick action.

Welcome aboard, and he's welcome too, anytime!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wow that is a big change in numbers in a short time. You are meeting with a dietician that is good. Is any exercising in the future?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bobby has diabetes running in both sides of his family. He recently lost about 26 lbs and is basically at the top range for his weight. We quickly reeled in and got back into better eating habits. But yes... Since we moved to NC we got out of the gym routine. He got a huge KUDOS from the Dr today! After such a rough few days when his brain wasn't liking his normal sugar level. He was very irritable. I'm so happy we ended this week with a leveled out reading.

And our golden retriever got a nice walk this morning with Bobby! Was a real eye opener! We are looking to get back into a regular exercise routine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts