The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I went to the Doc with ED issue (which was there only for 3 days, I am normal now!). But anyway, because of that, we did some tests and the Doc now says that I have Hyperthyroidism.

I have to do some more tests and scan (may be uptake test also) to further analyse what type of hyperthyrodism.

So, even this might have played some role in bringing out the diabetes in me at this young age itself (32)!!! Now, I have to be under another lifelong medication :((

I am in a confused, frustrated mood now..I dont know what to do anymore..

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hi There Raj:

I'm Sad to see that you are upset but this feeling is normal for most People who are diagnosed with any serious condition/s.

http://www.diabetesforum.com/diabetes/61-5-stages-grief.html

You must get past these stages in your own time, in order to gain control of your Diabetes and Life. Losing a Happy go Lucky Life is not easy by any means, for anyone. But once you've gained Acceptance of your conditions, you will learn how to live a Healthy Life which is the only way to live a long Life anyways.

My Brothers were aged 4 and I was aged 3 when we were diagnosed with Diabetes. We were later diagnosed with other conditions. The Medical Professionals didn't know much about Diabetes then. Richard157 was 6 years old when he was diagnosed(dxd.). Thank God for the Scientists who discovered Insulin. That's the only thing that kept us alive back then(plus food and water, of course). You have your Dr. and Healthcare Team who will help you. The Dietician and Certified Diabetes Educator(CDE) are particularly helpful with answering your questions. They are your main force. And we are here if you need us also. ;)

Raj said:
I went to the Doc with ED issue (which was there only for 3 days, I am normal now!).
I'm Happy that you received Good results there and were able to get other important tests done. That's reason to celebrate.

Learn all you can about Diabetes and how anything that you consume, plus exercise , meds., etc., affects you. You will be Fine. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Terrie,

Thanks for the reassuring words. I have gone through all those for diabetes and came back to normal. Now it is for the Hyperthyroidism!! Now, everything makes sense to me..this hyperthyroidism is the one which would have triggered my diabetes condition. Because this effects the blood glucose level very much. I wonder why my Doc didnt do this much earlier, when I was dxd with diabetes.

Anyway, I know I will go through this one also..I am confident.
I am just worried about my poor wife who have to go through all these things within one year of our marriage and have to again tolerate these life long :(

I am sorry to know that, you and your brother have to go through all these things.

Once again thanks,

Raj

1 - 3 of 3 Posts