The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just back from a trip to the endo. I woke up early because I should take fastening bloodsamples. My BG was 3,9 when I woke up, but I believed it wouldn`t drop lower.
30 minutes later they took the boodsamples, and my BG was 2,8 (I didn`t know it was so low before I saw the endo in the afternoon).
I didn`t feel anything at all!:eek:
30 minutes after this I was back at the hotel for breakfast. I didn`t check my BG since I felt absolutely fine
The endo told me later that when I use Lantus and Bricanyl (asthma medicine) the side effect is that I wont feel when my BG drops anymore.
It is kind of scary!
I do test my BG often, but what if it drops to low without I know it? Think I have to have a new "how to give mum a shot if she is passed out" again with my family.....
But what if I decides to go for a walk alone? Don`t like this :(

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Not nice

you might be a candidate for a CGM with alarm.

Id worry more about driving that walking

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is CGM?
I cant drive since my sight is really poor.
I cant see at all except from straight foreward, and then I just have 17 % vision on my right eye and 33 % at my left eye. Hasn`t been able to drive for over two years now.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
CGM = continuous glucose monitoring. It's a device that monitors BG levels on a continuous basis, every few minutes.

Reactions: optimist

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!
I`ve never heard of it. Has to google a little I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts