The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
every month fighting to get my strips. :frusty::rant::rant:

medicare has me & the Dr & pharmacy pi$$ed off.

Doc says test 4 times aday. Medicare says 2 or less.... they only let me have 100 strips. :mad:
I just came from the store & have to wait now for a new script from my Doc. That will say the same thing. :blabla: Test 4 times....

If I had any hair left I would be pulling it out....

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
every month fighting to get my strips. :frusty::rant::rant:

medicare has me & the Dr & pharmacy pi$$ed off.

Doc says test 4 times aday. Medicare says 2 or less.... they only let me have 100 strips. :mad:
I just came from the store & have to wait now for a new script from my Doc. That will say the same thing. :blabla: Test 4 times....

If I had any hair left I would be pulling it out....
Believe me, I do understand your frustrations!! I go the same route every three months when my test strip Rx comes up for renewal.

I'm sorry but I don't remember if you use insulin or not. If you do, you could try and have your Dr. remind Medicare that you need to test before and after each meal.

If you need more strips and your finances permit it, the best place I've found to buy them is Wal-Mart. They have a good meter, Relion, and their strips aren't too bad either.

Reactions: Carolina

·
Registered
249 Posts
I am sorry to hear how frustrated you are. I don't understand why the insurance give people so much hassle. It isn't like you don't need or don't use them. Geez

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am on insulin Lantus & I have no trouble what so ever getting this filled it says $424. I pay $3. also the needles & lancets $3. 90 day supply.

the strips are 100 for $120. 30 days. I pay $ 3. but I need a $20 bottle of Jim Beam to go with, for the hassle.:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts