The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 3 months of Levemir and not following a diet, my numbers stayed at a consistent 250.. My doctor said it's time for pre meal shots. I thought one shot at night and 3 during the day YIKES. So I finally decided to get serious.. On Monday I started LCHF, and in only 3 days my morning fasting number this morning was 91 :) Now I have never had a morning number that low. :)
I am currently taking 56 units of Levemir at night and I was thinking if my morning # goes much lower I might be able to cut back on my evening Levemir...

I don't really know why it took me so long to get my act together, but I'm glad I finally did.
:D

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the club!! It really is easy once you get the hang of it. I had a nice lunch of summer sausage, cheese, celery, cucumbers and ranch dressing. I will not have to take any insulin for this meal. It is wonderful to be able to eat to fullness, stay full until the next meal and still be doing the right thing for your body and bg. Good luck and stick the course!!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Good for you. :)

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
We made a believer of you. I know many diabetics fight the LC lifestyle but people like you show it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts