The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Totally has no desire to eat. I'm totally serious.

I don't miss eating 5 slices of pizza, or a pound of pasta and meat sauce, or two packs of reeses pb cups, or a pint of ice cream, or a bag of m&s's, a box of little Debbie, etc

Im over 8 months since diagnosis and i have no desire to eat any of that crap. In fact ive not had fast food since before Jan 26th.
Last time i had candy was April 2009.

Maybe im missing something, but don't we as T2's realize that we just can't eat that crap anymore?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

I don't miss eating 5 slices of pizza, or a pound of pasta and meat sauce, or two packs of reeses pb cups, or a pint of ice cream, or a bag of m&s's, a box of little Debbie, etc

Im over 8 months since diagnosis and i have no desire to eat any of that crap. In fact ive not had fast food since before Jan 26th.

Maybe im missing something, but don't we as T2's realize that we just can't eat that crap anymore?
Consider yourself lucky that you don't crave all that crap. I sit and watch my Mom eat sweet after sweet and it just isn't fair.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Most of the time I don't miss it, but my biggest edge is that it isn't in the house. If we still kept Little Debbies, ice cream, chocolates, etc., around, I'd have a lot harder time. And I do still occasionally get the Atkins Endulge PB cups - they aren't Reese's, but they aren't bad. My second biggest edge is that I do keep low and zero-carb foods handy - stuff that I really really like - hot wings, deviled eggs, beef sticks, etc. - so I have something to grab when the munchies hit.

You are an exceptional person, Eric . . . and you have my utmost admiration. I think you not only don't crave the crappy foods, you mostly have to force yourself to eat at all! I remember times like that when I was a smoker - I'd be stressed over something or other and just pass the hours smoking - not eating. But since I quit smoking 26 years ago, I don't remember a time I didn't want something to eat! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
204 Posts

I'm with you - I don't crave the crap either mainly because I want to stick around to watch my grandkids grow up...........and to meet my greatgrandchildren when they arrive. Whether, I'll be able to do that then I don't know but I'll be certainly giving it my best shot!

I empathise with what Shanny says inasmuch it helps that we don't give the crap foods houseroom these days.

Keep on going!

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
You aren't missing a thing. Most diabetics just don't have the discipline to do what they know they should do, or they rationalize false reasons for their behavior.
Like you, I like to feel that I have some control over this disease, not having my life controlled by it. I know what the outcome is going to be if I don't do what is required, I have seen it first hand.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome, JayV . . . thanks for joining us! Tell us more about yourself and how you manage your diabetes. Even if every trick doesn't help everybody, there's always more to learn about how to keep this cussed condition corralled! And we CAN keep it corralled!

·
Registered
204 Posts
You aren't missing a thing. Most diabetics just don't have the discipline to do what they know they should do, or they rationalize false reasons for their behavior.
Like you, I like to feel that I have some control over this disease, not having my life controlled by it. I know what the outcome is going to be if I don't do what is required, I have seen it first hand.

Keep up the good work.
Hi JayV,

Very sensible words for a first post. Keep on posting!

Best wishes - John

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Keep up the good work.
Thanks Jay!

We hope to hear more about you :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts