Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

I did it!!!!!! :)

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  onaughmae 
#1 ·
I actually got off my lazy butt and walked for 5 minutes I' going to work up to 30 each day. Memorial Day meal was a little to high 188 was my blood sugar level when I tested one hour after eating.

My cell phone has fitness thing on it so I took it with me the results are:
Distance: 593
Steps 410
Calories Burnt: for some reason I didn't write this one down.

tested my blood sugar after walking 5 mins. got it to go down to 144.

I feel dizzy and have the frutiy taste in mouth. Usually when my blood sugar is high I almost always have the fruity taste.

Tomorrow, quitting smoking this is going to be another hard habit to break. I need will power, motivation and major major support.

Thank you everyone for being there for me. Hope everyone had a great holiday. I will of course keep everyone up to date.

#2 ·
Great news! Good job-you go girl! :)

We are here for you whatever challenge you have ahead!

#4 ·
Tomorrow, quitting smoking this is going to be another hard habit to break. I need will power, motivation and major major support.
Jennifer you can do this...Trust me. I was a tobacco user for about 25 years. I decided back on the 27th of April to quit. I have been Tobacco free since. If I can do it I know anyone can. In fact I am going to P.M. you something that might help.

#5 ·
Thats awesome! One step at a time you can do it :) You will actually start to like it after a little while :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.