The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made the 5% club. My A1c 6 months ago was 6.0 I got test results today.

A1c 5.7
Cholesterol 178
LDL 112
HDL 38

The nurse said the LDL is a little high (but lower than it was 6 months ago) but the doctor isn't worried about it because the ratio is good. I don't have my numbers from last time because I didn't write them down. But according to the department of health, with all the saturated fat, meat, cheese and eggs I have been shoveling down, I should be dead.

My husband also got his test results today. A1c down to 5.9 from 6.3 three months ago. His cholesterol came down by 9 points.

The story would have been different if we had listened to our dietician instead of you guys. You deserve the credit, give yourselves a pat on the back, and thank you!

Froggy

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Woohoo! Congrats to both you and hubby! We may give you advice but it's the two of you who have to live with the diet and stick to it. It's your hard work and you have every right to enjoy the feeling those numbers give you! Again, Congrats!

·
Banned
158 Posts
I made the 5% club. My A1c 6 months ago was 6.0 I got test results today.

A1c 5.7
Cholesterol 178
LDL 112
HDL 38

The nurse said the LDL is a little high (but lower than it was 6 months ago) but the doctor isn't worried about it because the ratio is good. I don't have my numbers from last time because I didn't write them down. But according to the department of health, with all the saturated fat, meat, cheese and eggs I have been shoveling down, I should be dead.

My husband also got his test results today. A1c down to 5.9 from 6.3 three months ago. His cholesterol came down by 9 points.

The story would have been different if we had listened to our dietician instead of you guys. You deserve the credit, give yourselves a pat on the back, and thank you!

Froggy
:cheer2: CONGRATS!!! Awesome job!!!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
YAY!!!! Big Congratulations from me! Hoping I can join you - next test is late December...

Good Job!

·
Registered
741 Posts
yayyyyyyyyyyyy awesome result!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Wonderful result, very pleased for you :)

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Rock on !

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Way to Go for both of you. I wouldn't worry about the LDL. Sometimes when you start a low carb diet, in the first 6-12 months while you are losing weight your body is purging fats and it may show up in the blood tests.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Way to hum!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts