The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rigidly following my self made 'diabetes diet' but sometimes, like most of us, we tend to fall out of the wagon. Now when this time comes, most of the time I feel guilty. Now, I just give in and just give my self 10 doses of fast acting insulin (apidra) most of the time, they go in range but really, this feels like cheating.

Or is it? I wanna hear your opinions :)

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I am rigidly following my self made 'diabetes diet' but sometimes, like most of us, we tend to fall out of the wagon. Now when this time comes, most of the time I feel guilty. Now, I just give in and just give my self 10 doses of fast acting insulin (apidra) most of the time, they go in range but really, this feels like cheating.

Or is it? I wanna hear your opinions :)
It controls your blood sugar, but -- how is your weight? If it is okay, I think that using insulin to cover carbs is okay. But that is me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It controls your blood sugar, but -- how is your weight? If it is okay, I think that using insulin to cover carbs is okay. But that is me.
I am overweight but I'm pretty constant. I check everyday.

Also, I've read somewhere that using high dosage of insulin can cause higher insulin resistance. Can anyone explain this to me a bit more?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts