The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not totally happy, my A1c was 6.3 and my BP was 132/80 :(

But ... almost TWO YEARS out from my initiation by DKA, I finally got rapid. Big relief. Not like I am gonna carb up or something, but I have been going > 140, on a 20 carb gram meal, pretty regularly! More control is all I am after ... keep your fingers crossed for me!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
You will do fine with Novorapid. Anyone who can do >140 on a 20 gram meal is a smart person. Sometimes I don't do that well myself.

I would gladly trade BP with you though. I saw my Dr. this morning and my BP was 140/88, so I left the office with yet another Rx for BP. :(

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GAH. I am on the lowest dose of ramipril ...

I am pretty cautious, so I think it will work out!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Way to go, you will do just fine on rapid! If you need help you can always ask us, we probably have a couple of hundred members who use rapid.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
You will do fine with Novorapid. Anyone who can do >140 on a 20 gram meal is a smart person. Sometimes I don't do that well myself.

I would gladly trade BP with you though. I saw my Dr. this morning and my BP was 140/88, so I left the office with yet another Rx for BP. :(
Isn't 120/80 a normal reading? 140/88 doesn't seem to be that high?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
breeze, You're right about 140/88 not being 'that bad'. Unfortunately that number reflects the influence of 4 different BP meds......and that reading was done in the Dr. office. My readings at home run more like 165/88 - so not good.

I take Novolog and love it (as much as anyone can love medicine :)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
breeze, You're right about 140/88 not being 'that bad'. Unfortunately that number reflects the influence of 4 different BP meds......and that reading was done in the Dr. office. My readings at home run more like 165/88 - so not good.

I take Novolog and love it (as much as anyone can love medicine :)
Ok, I understand! I hate to see someone having trouble with their health and struggling with something that is usually controlled by a simple pill. I want to say stay positive, but I don't like people to tell me that when I am doing the best that I can and still struggling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts