The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aas dignosed by the doctor yesterday. My vision has been blurred recently so I had to go. He said the extreme fluctuations in my blood sugar is causing this. I am trying to get to the endocrinologist ASAP. The weird part is my blood sugar has been well under control in an abslute numbers sense.
The bad part is I only have sight in one eye so it is an ordeal aand work is almost impossible.

Sorry for the midprllingd snd if i doublr postee this from yesterday.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Good news-diabetic retinopathy will go away, but you have got to get your sugar under control.

I had diabetic retinopathy in July of 2009 and by March of 2010 it was gone. It was a sweet moment and I am glad it is gone! Good luck and keep your eye on the prize!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
If blurring is your only problem, you probably do not have any retinopathy at this time. Too much high blood sugar can cause blurring, and getting the blood sugar under better control and not having many high blood sugar episodes will cause the blurred vision to clear up. Good luck in the months ahead!

Richard

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If blurring is your only problem, you probably do not have any retinopathy at this time. Too much high blood sugar can cause blurring, and getting the blood sugar under better control and not having many high blood sugar episodes will cause the blurred vision to clear up. Good luck in the months ahead!

Richard
Thanks Breeze. It s pretty tough and almost impossible to work and type. I went to endo today. He said the vision is caused by my sugra being high and coming oo low. He almost said i have done too well too fast. He took me offf the Janumet for 2 weeks and wants mty pre meal sugars beween 120 and 150 (I think) I can deal with the side effects but the blurriness is horrific. THanks again for you kind words. All of you guys are very brave and gracious.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news-diabetic retinopathy will go away, but you have got to get your sugar under control.

I had diabetic retinopathy in July of 2009 and by March of 2010 it was gone. It was a sweet moment and I am glad it is gone! Good luck and keep your eye on the prize!
Thanks Breeze. I actually responded but attached to Ricahrd' note, by mistake,. It has been a bad week and I am a little down. Th endo took me off Janumet for awhile. I have to take my pre-meal readings for 2 weeks and report back. Apparently, I have lowered my blood sugar too much, too quickly; this, they say is causing thr blurred vision. I hope it's not permanent. I also have some neuropathy in my feet , mostly at night. ANy hints on that?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I too, was pertfied of my blurry vision, I went from ordinary 125 reading glasses to 150 just in order to really see anything. My PCP, diabetic educator and my eye doctor all assured it would clear up once my bs got regulated. Well, right now I'm reading this and typing without reading glasses!! My eyesight returned normal about 2 wks ago and I'm so thankful...the bluriness worsened as soon as I started the Metformin so that was around the 1st of Feb so the bluriness lasted not quite 2 mos. So, rest assured your bluriness should clear up in a few short months...I know those few short months for me was a nightmare.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Thanks Breeze. I actually responded but attached to Ricahrd' note, by mistake,. It has been a bad week and I am a little down. Th endo took me off Janumet for awhile. I have to take my pre-meal readings for 2 weeks and report back. Apparently, I have lowered my blood sugar too much, too quickly; this, they say is causing thr blurred vision. I hope it's not permanent. I also have some neuropathy in my feet , mostly at night. ANy hints on that?
You need to get your blood sugar under control and maybe the neuropathy may clear up on its own. See a podiatrist about your feet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts