The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm actually not really sick with diabetes but my doctor says that my sugar on the upper border has been around for a long time... (my rates are from 6.5 to 7.3). I went to the health store and there they advised one natural product GlucoGuard+ in capsules... on the package write that the composition is - DL-alpha-lipoic acid - 200 mg +silymarin (80%)-220 mg+ Curcuma longa - 180 mg/. Also on the pack it is written that you need to take three capsules a day.
the owner of the pharmacy said that this is the newest and best remedy that she has (for the prevention of diabetes) and she promised that my sugar would drop by 15-20%.

I can not find reviews for this product
Maybe someone knows something about GlucoGuard+ ?
thanks for the advice

·
Administrator
Type 2
2,009 Posts
I am a little bit confused here. If you are seeing your blood sugar in the 6.5 to 7.3 range, that sure sounds like diabetes to me. Your doctor doesn't think so? :surprise:

When the A1C test is used to diagnose diabetes, an A1C level of 6.5 percent or higher on two separate occasions indicates you have diabetes. A result between 5.7 and 6.4 percent is considered prediabetes, which indicates a high risk of developing diabetes. https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/a1c-test/details/results/rsc-20167939
Have you taken steps to reduce your carbohydrates before you start thinking about which supplements you should take?

You will definitely want to take a moment to watch the video below. It is the perfect place to start and well worth the 18 minutes to watch it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.