The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been given a couple of choices if I decide to go on the pump, Medtronic and Onetouch Ping pumps, has anybody used either of these pumps or even both, I haven't decided yet if I am even going on the pump I am skeptical Diabetic right now.

Remember I am in Ontario and we are limted to selection:mad:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can't say anything about Onetouch, but people I know said they were happy with the medtronic. Personally I use an Accu-check spirit and it's reliable and durable.

As for you not wanting a pump: it's more of a comfort thing. Putting one on will not magically make you manage your diabetes better, though in some situations it does make doing it easier. As well as a word of caution from personal experience:

If you find your BG spiraling completely out of control while trying out, don't give up early and try every infusion set. For example, I cannot use a infusion set if the needle goes vertically in. It has to go in at an angle into the body. These are usually 13 and 17mm and all teflon. Otherwise the insulin won't be properly delivered.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Medtronic pump. I absolutely love it. But you should look at each kind of pump and see which one feels best for you to use. Every pumper believes their pump is greatest, I'm sure. So it's up to you to choose the right one. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts