The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I am so excited! I hope everyone sticks around and we can keep givng each other support. Yes, I have been away for a couple of weeks but I am in a much better place emotionally. In other words, feeling less stinky! I had my MRI and guess what! I do have a brain but no visible tumor on my pituitary gland. After another rounds of steriods to see if it reduced my cortisol level (and they did) I was referred to the head of the pituitary clinic at UAB (University of Alabama at Birmingham). He was ready to send me for a IPSS based on my blood work, but after seeing me and the fact that I don't have any physical characteristics of someone with Cushing's Disease, he is having me collect my urine for 24 hrs again. If the urine results are in the gray area, I will have something called a dexamethasone/CRH test to see how my glands react. If the urine is high enough to be indicative of Cushing's then I have the IPSS. With the IPSS, they will go in through my groin to my pituitary gland and look for that microadenoma (tiny, benign, tumor). I feel better because this doctor was wonderful, compassionate and not willing to do anything invasive to me until he was proof postive I needed it. The only reason he thinks I have Cushing's Disease is because I have Type 2 diabetes and my parents don't have it. He didn't care that my grandmother had it, and didn't care that I was overweight. He said with my family history, good health and blood work, there is no reason for me to have diabetes at this age. Anyway, I will keep you posted and plan to participate more frequently in the forum! Love you guys!
thisstinks
stinky
Jenn

Reactions: moon

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I'm glad you have a compassionate doctor - they are rare these days IMHO. Here is wishing you a good outcome of your future tests. Do let us know how things turn out for you......missed you while you were away.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi, Jenn. You probably don't know me because I only joined about a week ago, but I was lurking quite a while before that, so I have read most of your posts.

It's sad you have to go through all these tests, but I was happy to hear your one good piece of news:

I had my MRI and guess what! I do have a brain
:D You gotta take the good news where you can get it. :D

Welcome back.

Froggy

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, Jenn. You probably don't know me because I only joined about a week ago, but I was lurking quite a while before that, so I have read most of your posts.

It's sad you have to go through all these tests, but I was happy to hear your one good piece of news:

:D You gotta take the good news where you can get it. :D

Welcome back.

Froggy
LMAO! You are correct Froggy!

Reactions: magicplinger

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
It was really good to read your MRI didn`t show anything wrong.

When I did an MRI a year ago, the doctor (an Australian who spoke a bit norwrgian) told me after the test
"You can be totally relaxed. It is totally empty in your head":whoo:

I`m really glad you`ve found a compassionate doctor, and I really hope things will work out the best for you!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm glad you got a brain. Secondly glad it's ok.Welcome back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts