The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm 27 yo male.
Am I diabetes if I only have 3 of these symptoms?

When I stand still at one place for like 5 mins, bottom of my feets get numb.
I always got tired.
Feeling light-headed.
But I don't have excessive hunger / thirst.

I'm 168 height and 50 kg weight.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm 27 yo male.
Am I diabetes if I only have 3 of these symptoms?

When I stand still at one place for like 5 mins, bottom of my feets get numb.
I always got tired.
Feeling light-headed.
But I don't have excessive hunger / thirst.

I'm 168 height and 50 kg weight.
That is hard to say without knowing whether you have done any blood glucose testing. You need to get a glucose meter and start testing. Once you start testing, then you will be able to see if your numbers are consistent with those of someone with pre-diabetes or diabetes.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I agree with Breeze . . . you can pick up a cheap meter & strips at Walmart/Walgreens/Kroger or other chain stores. Start taking a reading after waking for the day, before you eat anything - that is your "fasting blood sugar". Then start getting a few readings at 1 and 2-hour intervals after a meal; these are "postprandial blood sugars" and will show how foods affect your BS (blood sugar). Non-diabetic persons will usually register fasting readings around 70-80, and postprandials under 120 regardless of what they eat. An excellent site for learning a ton of stuff about diabetes in a hurry is Blood Sugar 101

Take care, shoduken, and thank you for joining us. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
30 Posts
excessive urinating, and a constant thirst are good things to look out for .
and a loss of weight for type 1 - all the food eaten will basicly be urinated out , as it's not getting any insulin from your body to turn it in to energy , hence feeling tired , and a blood sugar meter will prove it/disprove

1 - 4 of 4 Posts