The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
If it has any meaning: I'm 19 yrs old, about 37 kilos and been walking in and out hospitals for years, for constipation and some skin problems.
Do you mind me asking how tall you are? 37 kilos is about 82 pounds (US). Depending how tall you are, by some doctors you might be considered under weight. In my late teens, I went through a period of a couple of years when I was having problems with my teeth and I had to have quite a bit of surgery done and I lost weight really fast. At 5'3" and 90 pounds I was not very healthy and my doctor had concerns about my weight. I had to drink a milkshake twice a day to boost my weight. Back then, they didn't test your blood unless something was wrong with you. If I would have approached my doctor about something as serious as diabetes, he would have wanted some substantial reasons why I was worried about diabetes. Don't get me wrong diabetes doesn't come with an age limit. Get your own blood glucose meter and start testing, this should give you some valuable information to go on.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.