The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Ah thanks, yea I know it might have other causes but I have had so many tests last few years but none of them were for diabetes. It might just be for my own comfort if I could test myself for a day. I'll check the over-the-counter-drugstore nearby.
Welcome to our support forum, and I agree you would do well to get a tester and take your own readings for awhile. Just one reading doesn't give much information, but if you would test in the morning before eating anything, and then again two hours after you eat a meal, that would give a bigger picture of what is going on. Keep a log that you can use to verify when you see a doctor. Write down what your readings are, and write down what you eat also. Be sure to note the times of your readings and meals. Try this for a week or two, and then if you're getting high readings, take your results to the doctor.

I also rather agree with diabetes86 in that it would be good to see a different medical professional.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.