The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:

I ate way to many "BAD" things, for the diabetic, but things that were so good for the "SOUL". It was unbridald at best. Home made traditional cakes ,cookies ,candies, Alcohol. Staying up late. I had them all without regrett. UNTIL now.

Did I mention Alcohol?:sick:

I havn't done this to myself in many years. I'm a fairly disciplined individual. Had several family members over from out of town with use for Christmas and New Years. It was good to be with my sisters and when we get together under the same roof the goodtimes start to roll.

We were all very close to each other (still are) growing up together.

They came and Bacchus showed up with them:evil::party:

Im back on track now.Worried about what my A1C number is going to be...:eek:

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Not glad that you derailed, but so happy that you were with your sisters & had a wonderful time. That is SO important! :cool:

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Welcome back to the wagon! You may notice that several of your fellow passengers (...ahem...) are still panting from the effort of climbing back aboard.

But once you're there, don't it feel good?

Reactions: canadiandude

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I think we all understand when you are around other non diabetics. It is hard to be good. On another forum someone posted a thread, "Has anyone seen my wagon". I feel the same way, that darn old wagon just got up and left me. But now I hopped back on and hope to stay there.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
These past few days I feel like I've been dragging behind that little wagon...desperately grasping for the rails...I've been good, good, and then one bad little slip (usually at night). But, I'm hoping that now that ALL the goodies have departed my homestead that it will make it easier to stay focused. I'm not necessarily craving the bad foods, just I get a little thought in my mind and off I go on a rampage! I hate that.
By the way, I don't know if I mentioned this already and if I did I apologize for repeating, but I tried the Just Like Sugar Cocoa Mix. The directions calls for 4 level tablespoons of mix with 8 oz hot water. I use 3 tablespoons because it's a little too chocolaty for me with 4. I add a good size dollop of heavy cream, and waalaa! It's very tasty, and definitely sweet enough. Again, this cocoa mix has only 1 gram of carb from the cocoa (22grams total, 21 grams fiber = 1 gram net carb). Yummy. Think I'll go make a cup right now!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
One good thing came of all this though . . . I got the recipe today from DD for the eggnog pie she served last week. I figured it would be easy to low-carb it, and once I've tested, I'll post it. Can barely wait! :D :D :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Your Holidays sounded like a mirror image of mine. I survived ostensibly, none the worse for it. Any downside was negated by the closeness of family, friends and new grandson.

I'm back to my LCHF routine once again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats for the support friends......It was truly good for the "Soul" being with the family..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts