The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was curious about this one so I gave it a try. It turned out wonderful. Thick, rich, creamy.

I have a 8 cup ice cream maker, Cuisinart brand

6 cups of low carb Almond Milk
1 cup Erythritol
small amount of Splenda
pinch of salt.
1 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup of cocoa

Two sauce pans to do this in.

In the first I added the heavy cream, Erythritol, Splenda, coconut oil and the cocao. Heated this until everything was melted and thoroughly mixed.

In the other sauce pan I added the 6 cups of Almond Milk and heated it till the same temp as the heavy cream, finger dip temp check. Once both were at the same temp I slowly added the heavy cream mix into the Almond milk, stirring constantly. Everything remand dissolved and the coconut oil did not separate from the mix.

Cooled this down in the fridge and then poured it directly into my ice cream maker. Wonderful.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am curious, how does this freeze? One of the problems I see is when a low-carb ice cream made without sugar is frozen, it becomes hard like a rock. I don't have a problem with that, but a lot of people it's a deal-breaker.
I have never used Erythritol before. I shall have to look for sources here in Canada.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure how this would set up in the freezer. It does really well in the ice cream maker. Doesn't get to hard. We ate all of what we made, so no left overs to freeze.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts