The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was diagnosed with IDDM in 2002 when I was 14 years old and had had a burst of height gain in the summers prior to the diagnosis..now, since the detection and simultaneous injection of insulin started, I have completely stopped growing and now that I'm 25, I kind of ponder sometimes if type I diabetes has any effect on the hGH production in adolescents..c'mon forum docs help me out with this one..

I am average height with respect to males here in India at 5 ft 8 but when I was in the US I felt a little unfortunate..and now that I have to go to Norway, I am kinda thinking if I would hate life there (coz of living like a dwarf lol)

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Anything is possible. I think that being short is ok. Sometimes we just have to be content with how our body height is. I am 5'3" female and would like to be 5'6". I can wear shoes that make me taller but I have always been kind of clumsy and have fallen several times while wearing high heeled shoes. So I just wear shoes that are comfortable and most of my shoes have no more than one inch heel. Please don't worry about being short. :D

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I'm 5'3" buit didn't get D until I was 56, so I can't really blame the D. My bgs tend to be higher the morning after I exercise because my doc thinks I produce too much growth hormone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anything is possible. I think that being short is ok. Sometimes we just have to be content with how our body height is. I am 5'3" female and would like to be 5'6". I can wear shoes that make me taller but I have always been kind of clumsy and have fallen several times while wearing high heeled shoes. So I just wear shoes that are comfortable and most of my shoes have no more than one inch heel. Please don't worry about being short. :D
Hey, thanks for the kind words bud..i wish i could wear some kinda heals thing too but I generally spend too much time frolicking around...also spend a major chunk of my time playing some sport or just going to the gym so its a pity that i cant do that...but neways i think im fine over here...was just a little curious as to if people in norway are exceedingly tall and it mite just kill my ego there lol but thanks for some good words again! Cheers!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hey, thanks for the kind words bud..i wish i could wear some kinda heals thing too but I generally spend too much time frolicking around...also spend a major chunk of my time playing some sport or just going to the gym so its a pity that i cant do that...but neways i think im fine over here...was just a little curious as to if people in norway are exceedingly tall and it mite just kill my ego there lol but thanks for some good words again! Cheers!
Have you lived in India very long? Why are you moving to Norway? Just curious.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you lived in India very long? Why are you moving to Norway? Just curious.
Ya man almost all my life!..I am an Indian and did my schooling here..when I was 18, I went to the US for my undergrad and am applying to Europe for my masters now..
you surprised that we have an overseas member and that too from a place like India on this forum eh?? :)

Anyways, what do you do mate?? You been to Norway or any other Scandinavian country before?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Ya man almost all my life!..I am an Indian and did my schooling here..when I was 18, I went to the US for my undergrad and am applying to Europe for my masters now..
you surprised that we have an overseas member and that too from a place like India on this forum eh?? :)

Anyways, what do you do mate?? You been to Norway or any other Scandinavian country before?
Oh no, not surprised, we love members from India, the diabetes capital of the world! I am a medical biller. I have never been to Norway or any Scandinavian country. Just happy living in the USA!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh no, not surprised, we love members from India, the diabetes capital of the world! I am a medical biller. I have never been to Norway or any Scandinavian country. Just happy living in the USA!
India is really the diabetes capital of the world?? I dont doubt it actually..people here have insanely horrible eating and non existing exercise habits..but I never expected them to take over the US so soon. Oh well, atleast while I was in the US (Philadelphia) I could see that a lot of the Americans were/are concerned about their lifestyle in general..good thing!!

Have you ever been to Europe or any other foreign land, bud? just curious..I love travelling too much!!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
India is really the diabetes capital of the world?? I dont doubt it actually..people here have insanely horrible eating and non existing exercise habits..but I never expected them to take over the US so soon. Oh well, atleast while I was in the US (Philadelphia) I could see that a lot of the Americans were/are concerned about their lifestyle in general..good thing!!

Have you ever been to Europe or any other foreign land, bud? just curious..I love travelling too much!!
Ah yes, India is #1 followed by China and then the USA.

I have been to the Cayman Islands and to about every beach that exists in Florida. My toes have mostly stayed on American soil and I made some foot prints in Mexico, when I took a vacation to Phoenix Arizona, I drove to Mexico but didn't stay long, I was traveling alone and got the creeps while in Mexico.....:eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah yes, India is #1 followed by China and then the USA.

I have been to the Cayman Islands and to about every beach that exists in Florida. My toes have mostly stayed on American soil and I made some foot prints in Mexico, when I took a vacation to Phoenix Arizona, I drove to Mexico but didn't stay long, I was traveling alone and got the creeps while in Mexico.....:eek:
Hahaha don't know about Mexico but I know Florida is a genuine place to have a bonza! I m sure Mexico would be having its own kinda mad fun too. You should give Canada a shot mate, considering its not that far off from where you are..its a beautiful country and is kinda different from the states (generally people think its another rip off of the american life)..I m sure u ll like it, really nice people there as well but its effing cold if you are going at the wrong times!

Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts