The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I know I haven't been here in a while, and that's a good thing. I am not a diagnosed diabetic, but I worry more times than not that I am one or becoming one.

Over the last year things HAVE been better, unfortunately, I haven't been doing anything health wise to keep these thoughts from having no cause or concern. I've gained weight sadly and I'm ashamed to admit that. No excuses, I just let myself go. I have had my wake up call as my weight has hit an all time high that I thought I'd never see in my lifetime. Wake up call in full effect, lifestyle makeover also in full effect.

Of course the second day I am making very healthy (but gradual) changes I start getting symptoms back. Without rambling on like an anxious fool, I'll say that my fears revolve around frequent urination.

Before I get into that though I will say that in the last two months I've had my sugars tested by a family friend, who more or less sympathizes with my anxiety and will let me test with her meter (this has only ever happened two times... this is not a regular thing, I promise) And I only ever do this when she is testing hers. Two months ago I was having beers with family, just finished eating chicken wings. My result was 5.7 .. after 10 wings and 5 or 6 beers. I tested again last week and (don't bash me) had 11 beers, no food though. My result was 6.8. This sent me into a state of both relief and panic... eventually though, just panic. Could my numbers be raising this fast ??? Is something happening? The vicious cycle begins again.

I left this thought alone, 6.8 isn't horrible, and I can't self diagnose anyways. But I can't get rid of the anxiety.

So as of yesterday I notice I am peeing a little more, and have the urge to go more than what seems normal for me and my fluid intake. Today I peed at 7:30 , went back to bed till 10:30, peed again then. I then had to pee again by 3, and again by 6:40, again at 8:20 and now I am at 11:00 roughly and feel the urge to go again.

I know there isn't much to go on here, but should I be concerned with this ? Given the 6.8 reading with no food and only beer? The weight gain? I'm scared again. I don't want to tailspin back into this full blown obsession. I also don't want to ignore what could be real symptoms. The only plus to this is having numbers to go on.. the testing does help. If I didn't have those I'd be posting here fully convinced that I am 100% without a doubt diabetic. The numbers are there though. And to note, I had been testing like an OCD fool for a long time about 9 months ago , maybe more. All of those numbers were normal back then as well.

I thank you for reading another one of my anxious posts... I promise the next will be shorter

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Well OCDP, anybody drinking that much beer BETTER be peein' like a racehorse, or they'll blow up & bust! ;) Keep in mind that things like beer, coffee, etc., go through us faster too.

I expect you have to go because you're thinking about having to go. Think about yawning now & you'll be yawning too.

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there,

Sorry I was not very clear in my initial post (long day)

I was not referring to frequent urination the night of drinking beers, I know how much beer makes a person go. I was actually referring to a week later, being yesterday. I noticed that I had to go more often than usual.

Not that anyone wants to know, but here's my log from yesterday, I peed at: 7:30am, 10:30am, 3pm, 6:40pm, 8:20pm, 12:30am (I was still awake at this time)

Now today I have gone again at 10:30am and feel an urge to go again and it's only 1pm. Usually (depending on what time I start work) I go at 7am and am usually fine until 1pm or so. Now that I am going more and have the urge I am worried.

Once again I know I don't have much to go on here, just a bunch of anxiety, but it's causing alarm to me. I am not sure if I am more anxious than usual, sparking the whole feeling of having to go. This of course has to happen as I am now working very hard to be healthy (already down 3 pounds!)

So I guess I am just here to get some insight and possible input, I will obviously keep an eye on this (hopefully not too closely, though :rolleyes: ) Do my previous numbers sound "right" to you given the situation? 11 beers and I was at 6.8, this was with no food since lunch. The previous time I had non-breaded chicken wings and 5 beers and had 5.7 or 5.8 .. that one seems okay. I guess I am worried that my numbers are spiking and something is happening to me now..

I lied, my post wasn't any shorter, I apologize. I'm just stressed about all of this... I am really doing the work to be healthier right now and I hope it's not "too late" I guess.

·
Registered
554 Posts
That sounds pretty normal to me but then again I drink and pee a lot. If I think about having to pee, I have too. Perhaps when you are worried about it you end up having to go more? If you are concerned, maybe purchase a meter and strips. For example, Walmart has a cheap meter and strips (Relion) that works pretty good. Take your bgl upon waking, then two hours after eating to see if you really are starting to elevate. Perhaps that would help you overcome some of your anxiety. Also, something else to consider. You said you have changed your eating habits and are losing some weight, what could be happening is that you are losing some water weight now (usual when starting a new diet) and if that is the case, you will pee more than usual.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I heard somewhere that if you get up in the middle of the night to pee more than 2 times, then you can get concerned about it. Besides losing weight, as stated above, salt, spicy foods and tomatos can cause you to pee more often. I don't know how old you are, but from what I have seen, as we age, we go more often. I'm 67 and wish I only went as often as you do.

·
Registered
322 Posts
having experienced the requent uriniation symptom of diabetes, you do not sound like you are experiencing it.

when i was struggling with keeping my BG undercontrol my need to comsume massive amounts of fluid, and essentially taking up residence in the restroom because i was urinating that frequently. as others stated before needing to pee every 2 or 3 hours isnt so unnormal. now if you was concerned that the 30 min drive to the store might be to far to go between bathroom breaks, that that is an issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts