The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fell off the wagon, had pasta, a sandwich. Sugar went over 350. Just took Novolog. Seems I'm doomed, I'm tired of trying. Very depressed; I have had bouts of depression all my life and today I'm totally useless.

You are all such good and great people. I just feel I have nothing to look forward to. I will be back sometime but don't know when. I feel so miserable I'll only bring you all down and I don't want to do that. Thanks to all - you've been so tremendously kind.

Rosa

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Rosa! :hug:

Hope you read this!

We all have "useless" days ... and we share them. You are not bringing us down.

It is so hard to stay "good" when temptation is all around us. Is your house stocked with foods you can eat? (And I mean really stocked, not just one little corner of the cupboard or fridge.)

Please post soon. We care!

Reactions: Rosa

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Rosa! You come back here! You can't leave now that we've grown to love you! You're my twin - separated at birth, remember?! Who else understands what leisure/luxury it is to go around in my nightie all day?

Please don't go!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I think as diabetics we all have days, weeks, months that we slip off our diets. We are all human. We are here to support each other not judge you. I tend to slip off the wagon on vacations. I think sometimes I need a vacation from Diabetes. Please stay on the forum, even if you don't post often. It has really helped me.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think as diabetics we all have days, weeks, months that we slip off our diets. We are all human. We are here to support each other not judge you. I tend to slip off the wagon on vacations. I think sometimes I need a vacation from Diabetes. Please stay on the forum, even if you don't post often. It has really helped me.
jwags, thank you! I slept the entire day away, which is my "escape" from depression. The part of this message of yours which brought me some cheer is when you said we diabetics have "months" when we slip. That's me. Okay, even longer. Just woke up a bit ago and had something SENSIBLE to eat (I always wake up hungry). Maybe I do have some hope. I'm my own worst enemy.

I do get busy doing other things, like all of us, but I have no intention of leaving. You people are too sweet & uplifting.

Rosa

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rosa! You come back here! You can't leave now that we've grown to love you! You're my twin - separated at birth, remember?! Who else understands what leisure/luxury it is to go around in my nightie all day?

Please don't go!
Listen up, twin sister! You're not going to get rid of me - you've all made me love you too much :)

My diagnosis is Major Depressive w/Panic Disorder. I'm very open about it. Don't worry - no psychosis, but I'm not putting those down who suffer with that. I got depressed, nothing unusual for me, and when I feel that low I give up, thinking there's no use in trying.

I hope you don't hate me when I tell you I actually got dressed yesterday (grocery shopping last night) and today. Soon it will be shower time & nightgown. Oh - plus, I live in slippers as much as I can.

Thank you for writing to me, Sis.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rosa! :hug:

Hope you read this!

We all have "useless" days ... and we share them. You are not bringing us down.

It is so hard to stay "good" when temptation is all around us. Is your house stocked with foods you can eat? (And I mean really stocked, not just one little corner of the cupboard or fridge.)

Please post soon. We care!
Dear Shalynne,

I do fear I'll depress you or some others in this group. Thanks for being so understanding. As for my fridge - I should really have more more healthy snacks for myself; I didn't get that many. One thing I do have and like are bags of frozen broccoli, cauliflower - separate or mixed - I microwave the whole bag and put a little salad dressing on it. Very tasty. Oh - and the pre-made packages of sugar-free jello.

By the way, what is this Truvia? I'd never heard of it. A sugar substitute, I assume. I've been using Splenda and Equal and they seem to agree with me.

Love to you all,
Rosa

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rosa, just keep trying...forgive yourself for the backsliding and dust yourself off one more time and crawl back on the diet. You'll get there...
Hi Patdart,

Life is REALLY cruel. I've always had a passion for homemade fudge, choc. or peanut butter. When I finally learned to make it, and it's perfect, I got diagnosed with diabetes.

Oh, the unfairness of it all! I got to enjoy that homemade stuff just ONCE.

Love,
Rosa

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Life is REALLY cruel. I've always had a passion for homemade fudge, choc. or peanut butter. When I finally learned to make it, and it's perfect, I got diagnosed with diabetes.
Ha! And I figured I got diabetes because my body finally gave up and said - "this is the only way to make you snap out of it!"

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Dear Shalynne,

I do fear I'll depress you or some others in this group. Thanks for being so understanding. As for my fridge - I should really have more more healthy snacks for myself; I didn't get that many. One thing I do have and like are bags of frozen broccoli, cauliflower - separate or mixed - I microwave the whole bag and put a little salad dressing on it. Very tasty. Oh - and the pre-made packages of sugar-free jello.
Nothing to understand. I've been there. Suspect many of us have!

It's been 2 months almost to the day ... and I'm still stocking! String cheese is my new staff of life.

My husband has joined me somewhat -- main meals are low-carb -- but the kitchen's still loaded with forbidden foods. I've had to carve out some serious territory.

By the way, what is this Truvia? I'd never heard of it. A sugar substitute, I assume. I've been using Splenda and Equal and they seem to agree with me.

Love to you all,
Rosa
Truvia is a brand name for a sweetener blend composed of stevia (a natural plant) and erythritol (extracted from various plants). Just bought some; haven't tried it yet.

Never tried Splenda before, but I grabbed a box of packets on the same trip. This version is mixed with "corn fiber" and nothing else. Box has a conversion chart for cooking/baking.

As with everything else, we all differ on sweeteners ... what spikes us or doesn't, which ones are yucky and so on.

I believe a recipe for peanut butter pie lurks somewhere on the Recipes board. Aaaahhhh, here it is.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, I meant to mention tomorrow I have laser surgery on my right eye - not diabetes-related. If I'm not here, don't worry - it's a simple procedure. Had had a cataract removed (from the prednisone, had the left eye done 2 years ago) & while there's no serious trouble it got inflamed & my vision in that eye is blurry.

Will be back when I can - don't worry!!! Love to you all :

Rosa

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Life can seem cruel at times, but it really isn't....only a balance w/more good than bad. I remember being divorced and thinking my world had nothing but cruel in it, then meeting the man I'd always thought was a figment of someone's imagination and realized that fate had always had better things for me, but I only saw the half-empty glass as it were. I just needed to find my glasses to see that life has it's ups and downs and my job was to stay in the saddle. For example, I believe diabetes may have prolonged my life by making me wake up and eat right!

Do keep only good things to eat on hand and keep some green vegs cooked and ready to heat up in the micro. and then you can have any kind of meat alongside w/very little trouble. Keep all kinds of full fat cheeses on hand and there you go...and, I keep deviled eggs on hand at all times. Make some of the yummy ice cream treats on hand if chocolate is your vice, or make some of your own ice cream.

Good girl, keep up the good work, we care about you in our family!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Sorry, I meant to mention tomorrow I have laser surgery on my right eye - not diabetes-related. If I'm not here, don't worry - it's a simple procedure. Had had a cataract removed (from the prednisone, had the left eye done 2 years ago) & while there's no serious trouble it got inflamed & my vision in that eye is blurry.

Will be back when I can - don't worry!!! Love to you all :

Rosa
Good thoughts winging your way!

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Everyone fails sometimes, that's life.

I had a bad day yesterday and ate almost a third of a pound of aged gouda. I am beating myself up for it ever since. I probably will under eat today to make up for my failure

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Everyone fails sometimes, that's life.

I had a bad day yesterday and ate almost a third of a pound of aged gouda. I am beating myself up for it ever since. I probably will under eat today to make up for my failure
B-b-b-but Eric, that fabulous cheese has arrested your weight loss - you managed to get back over 160. Please don't beat yourself up - there's no "fail" about this. Cheese is GOOD for you! :p

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I fell off the wagon, had pasta, a sandwich. Sugar went over 350. Just took Novolog. Seems I'm doomed, I'm tired of trying. Very depressed; I have had bouts of depression all my life and today I'm totally useless.

You are all such good and great people. I just feel I have nothing to look forward to. I will be back sometime but don't know when. I feel so miserable I'll only bring you all down and I don't want to do that. Thanks to all - you've been so tremendously kind.

Rosa
Rosa, I don't think that I welcomed you to the forum....so welcome! Rosa, I think that we all have days when we fall off the wagon. Pick yourself up and brush yourself off and get back on track. I hope you will post every so often, we don't want to lose you. :)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Oh, how I can relate! But you won't bring us down...we WANT to be here for you!

My issue of late? I have kids... and while we don't buy junk food for them, there are still some carby foods in the house.... so around 3pm when I get all snacky, guess what I eat? Yeah, not that plate of raw veg and dip...

I'm doing a little better every day... but last weekend was a HUGE fail... I think the only thing I ate all day on Sunday were carbs, at least until dinner. So I suck it up, and get back on the wagon. This was so much easier when I was growing a baby... now I just have to figure out how to motivate myself b/c of my own health.

And my husband just walked in the door with donuts... *sigh*

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rosa, I don't think that I welcomed you to the forum....so welcome! Rosa, I think that we all have days when we fall off the wagon. Pick yourself up and brush yourself off and get back on track. I hope you will post every so often, we don't want to lose you. :)
Thank you, breezeonby. I love it here!

Rosa

1 - 20 of 25 Posts