The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching because my 14 year old daughter just doesn't seem right. Lately she's been very thirsty, goes to the bathroom pretty often, sweats more than usual, is very irritable, is tired most of the time, is sometimes dizzy, her arms and leg are sometimes "tingly", sometimes has a kind of numb tongue and says her vision is sometimes "messed up". She has always been able to focus her vision, but she says it's become harder and may need to use her glasses more. There seems to be many things out of whack, and I don't know if this is something to be concerned about. What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, think she is suffering from diabetes, you should consult a good doctor as soon as possible. You didn't mention what is her present weight. is she overweight? If so, then you should go for any weight loss program. I can recommend Mark Patrick's program, Mark Patrick is a Mind & Body Expert and the Founder of Mark Patrick Media LLC a self-improvement company specializing in Weight Management & Smoking Cessation programs.The programs are just incredible and a new way to get better health. I hope that you people would love to know about this.You can get more info on Mark Patrick Hypnosis For Weight Loss and Stop Smoking

·
Registered
147 Posts
HI Heatherr,

Welcome! The symptoms you describe can be typical of diabetes. I am not a physician nor would I wait to see one if I was you.. It is pretty easy to get her diagnosed-- just a simple blood test. I can from experience say that the more time that goes by the worst it is. The forum here is a great tool to use for support and information -- read through it, ask questions to the members that you see that post, and get your daughter to the Dr. for some testing. Good Luck to you .... and keep us all posted.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I recommend an endocrinologist (diabetes expert). Other doctors who lack the expertise of am endo sometimes diagnose incorrectly. Thet can say that you do not have diabetes and you actually do. the can also say you have one type of diabetes and it is actually another type. I have read of many cases where this has happened. That is why I recommend an endocrinologist. Good luck to both you and your daughter!

Richard

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree with Richard ,Endocrinologist is the right start... And I know all too well the misdiagnosis as I was misdiagnosed at first.:confused::confused: And once I was diagnosed properly I feel much better.. And the reason I said your primary first was to get either a fasting glucose taken OR anitbody screening.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for you responses everyone!
She is not overweight, she's around average, and if anything maybe a little underweight...

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was just diagnosed in Feb of this year -- I was 150lbs standing at 5ft 5in and have had 4 kids so not overweight and My Dr. (gyn) actually said that I was right on with my weight.. I am now 115lbs wanting to be 125lbs and I would be happy!!! I lost a bunch of weight before I was diagnosed properly!!! Good luck to you and to your daughter and keep us all posted!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you!
I scheduled an appointment for next Tuesday with an endocrinologist and one for Monday with her pediatrician, I don't know why but the endocrinologist suggested it.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Heather, good luck with your apointment with the endocrinologist. If your daughter does have diabetes I think you will be finding out at an early stage and that is good. People can sometimes be in serious trouble if their diabetes is discovered very late in its development.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hello Heather, It's good to see that you are getting help and getting diagnosed early is the right thing to do. When I was Dxed I was painfully thin, Always hungry, Always at the toilet, Thirsty!!!

Need I say any more. Please keep us posted on your progress. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hope things are going well for your daughter and that you get some answers...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts