The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was first diagnosed T2 in '91. Have slowly gone thru the route of diet and exercise to oral meds to taking insulin.

That really sums up my diabetes.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hello Drucifer: :)

Welcome to DiabetesForum.com. We're Happy to see you. So you were dxd. about 17 years ago. That's a long time. What type(s) of Insulin do you use and are your sugars usually in the Good range? How are you feeling?

I have a Type 2 Friend who lives near us. He would think of you, as being Brave. I've mentioned to him several times that he should be on Insulin but he unfortunately has a needle phobia Big Time. He just shivers and trns his head. I'm Glad that you're okay with shots. :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hello Drucifer.

Hello Drucifer, Welcome to DF. (Love the nicname. :D) You will find good help here with lots of help with just about anything that you may ask. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Drucifer: :)

Welcome to DiabetesForum.com. We're Happy to see you. So you were dxd. about 17 years ago. That's a long time. What type(s) of Insulin do you use and are your sugars usually in the Good range? How are you feeling?

I have a Type 2 Friend who lives near us. He would think of you, as being Brave. I've mentioned to him several times that he should be on Insulin but he unfortunately has a needle phobia Big Time. He just shivers and trns his head. I'm Glad that you're okay with shots. :)
Just went on Levemir about two months ago.

I lost control under Avandia. Gained too much weight. Went over to Byetta and went from to 276 to 232 pounds in six months of use, but it really didn't bring down my numbers. HbA1c floating around the mid-7.

Did two blood test, since switching, and I have gone from 7.8 to 7.2 under Levemir. Levemir was increased by two units last month. Have just increase it another two units across the chart for December.

Doc has me on a scale . . . .
Code:
[U]Glucose		Units[/U]
 80/139		10
140/159		12
160/179		14
180/199		16
200/219		18
220/249		20
250/299		22
300/349		24
350+		28
. . . . . instead of fix number. The above is my December scale.

First month I average 16 units twice a day, next month with dosage increased, I average 15 twice a day.

Hello Drucifer, Welcome to DF. (Love the nicname. :D) You will find good help here with lots of help with just about anything that you may ask. ;)
And Drucifer was given to me by a girl when I was around 16. It seems she pegged me as someone that always got others in trouble, while always remaining innocent. It's a takeoff of my nickname - Drew.

I try to use that handle everywhere I go on the Internet.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Good Morning Drucifer:

...while always remaining innocent?? Hmmm, that must have been a chore. Even I couldn't do that back then. :D

Congrats on getting your A1c down to 7.2. I'm confused(which is nothing new :D ) or I must have missed it. What are you using to counteract the carbs that you eat for each meal and snack? Either your body is still secreting and using some Insulin or you need an oral med. or a fast-acting Insulin(Humalog, Novalog, Apidra, etc.) usually. You are off the Avandia and the Byetta(yes, the Byetta is known to help People lose weight which is Good). Levemir is a long-acting which only works as a background helper when the correct amount per Person is used. Interesting chart and you seem to be doing fairly Well following it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lots of oral meds.

Acarbose (Precose) 25mg 4X
Amlodipine Besylate (Norvasc) 5mg
Aspirin 81mg
Carvedilol Tab (Coreg) 25mg 2X
Glocovance (Glyburide/Metformin HCI) 5/500 2X
Hydrochlorot 12.5mg
Levemir 2X
Metoclopram (Reglan) 5mg 4X
Nexium 20mg
Quinapril (Accupril) 40mg 2X
Simvastatin (Zocor) 40mg 2X​

Oh, and I had red hair to go along with the nick.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome Drucifer...

Being good is a full time job .. one that I, myself, can't seem to continue;)....haha

Looks like you have a whole array of meds that you take.. WOW. I am on lantus and novalog and also on the sliding scale.

This forum has many wonderful people on it and a ton of knowledge. If you have any questions -- just ask.. Once again Welcome

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hmmm...okay then. I see that you own the Drugstore.

Do you find that the Coreg elevates your blood sugar levels somewhat? Just curious since that is a side effect of Coreg with some People, as you know.

Lordy!! Red hair and all. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm...okay then. I see that you own the Drugstore.

Do you find that the Coreg elevates your blood sugar levels somewhat? Just curious since that is a side effect of Coreg with some People, as you know.

Lordy!! Red hair and all. :D
I think it does. I take it at night and often have morning highs - but like all-things diabetic, it's not constant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts