The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm gonna go to the nearest diagnostic laboratory here in our place tomorrow before I go ahead and get a new doctor. I'm doing this cause I dont want to waste time. I want to go to my "new" doctor and present most, if not, all of the documents and lab tests he might need.

So the question is, what tests do I need? The only 2 that I am aware of is HbA1c and Urinalysis. What else? What about in my cholesterol level and anything that concerns my general health cause I know we would not only be talking about diabetes but also my health in general.

Thank you in advance :D

G

·
I don't know about the Philippines, but in the States you can't just walk into a laboratory and order up a bunch of tests. Also, we have no idea of your health background that would warrant any specific tests, diabetes related or not.

I suggest you go see your "new" doctor, discuss with him your health concerns and let him do what he does best...compile his own list. Trying to circumvent his process is only going to piss your new doctor off...in my opinion. I understand you'd like to be proactive about this...but there are protocols that doctors would rather follow.

·
Registered
633 Posts
If it was me I would order a CBC (complete blood count), a MET (metabolic) panel a Lipids panel, and make sure they check TSH, T3, and T4 levels. Also do a HBA1C, and a GAD 65 antibody test and i forgot the name of the other test but it measures insulin production. Ahhhh just remebered it. Have them check your C-Peptide levels. Those should give your doctor everything they need. Just make sure you go in fasting, no food for the 12 hours prior.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
EVERYthing !

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Well, I got 6.91 in my Hba1c :) that's pretty good right? :D

also, my urine test shows that I have negative sugar and negative protein. :D

although it says that my urine is acidic? what does that exactly mean?

A1C of 6.9 is pretty high. what was it last time?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Well, I got 6.91 in my Hba1c :) that's pretty good right? :D

also, my urine test shows that I have negative sugar and negative protein. :D

although it says that my urine is acidic? what does that exactly mean?
Thats approximately an average blood sugar of 150 (8.3), so that is high. You are likely having higher spikes that that and some lower numbers that average it out.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Ohhh. Cause I've read somewhere that 6.5 is the acceptable Hba1c. And isn't it x18? I dunno. I might be wrong though o.o So what really should be my target?
Under 6.0 at all times

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts