The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas,

I'm happy to be on board and to share my knowledge on the subject of diabetes.I'm sure we will both enjoy mutual benefit from each other.

Thanks

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Well, tell us more about yourself, RDN . . . How are you managing your diabetes? How long ago were you diagnosed? What are your numbers like . . . FBG, A1c, etc.?

I've been controlling my diabetes really well, but I don't have any illusions about reversing it. It's "reversed" as long as I take my meds & eat a low-carb diet, but once I stray off that straight-and-narrow regimen, diabetes comes right back like gangbusters.

·
Registered
2 Posts
you can reverse it

i was diagnosed 2 years ago walking in the clinic with a bs level of 280. i had symptom for diabetes for 3 years prior to walking into the clinic. my a1c was 11.2 that day. now 2 years later my a1c is 5.1. you can reverse it. you just have to eat the right foods and watch everything you eat. i'm 30 and i just found out today. i beat this disease.

Well, tell us more about yourself, RDN . . . How are you managing your diabetes? How long ago were you diagnosed? What are your numbers like . . . FBG, A1c, etc.?

I've been controlling my diabetes really well, but I don't have any illusions about reversing it. It's "reversed" as long as I take my meds & eat a low-carb diet, but once I stray off that straight-and-narrow regimen, diabetes comes right back like gangbusters.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Excellent, Adrian! And Welcome to DF. You may not have "cured" it, you've definitely beaten it into submission for the time being! "Reverse" is the term I like, as long as we emphasize that we're being vigilant and maintaining good eating habits. Reverting to old eating habits would surely destroy our game plan.

It's good that you buckled down & took the dietary measures necessary to curb the progress of the disorder. Do you mind me asking what your menus are like? What kind of exercise regimen you have?

Each of us has to work out the best meals for ourselves, and I find I maintain well on about 50g of carbs per day. I don't count beforehand or measure my foods consistently, but I do roughly total up what I've eaten at the end of the day & it ranges between 35g - 65g most days.

My number averages are still dropping, and right now are grouping around 100 plus/minus 20. If at some future time I find they begin to edge upward, I'll take the necessary steps to maintain good control. I will continue to watch what I eat & test throughout the day. Just watching my back because this is an insidious and progressive disease. I hope you will keep watch too.

Thank you for joining us . . . I hope you'll come around often & chat.

take care,

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello!

Hello recersediabetesnow and hello Adrian! It is good to heve both of you here. Both of you seem to be doing well. That is great! Let us know if you have any particular questions.

Richard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts