The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped taking my meds two days after starting them, and my blood glucose fasting has been around 74 for two weeks . Two hours after eating my blood glucose has been between 102 and 113. I've checked my blood sugar religiously two to three times a day and it's has never been out of the normal range. When I was first diagnosed my blood sugar was 328 and I don't know how I got it down so quickly without meds. I did start back working out and I have been watching my carbs. Oh yea I only received one reading that was 328. Could that reading have been faulty? I know I might be in denial but the low numbers aren't helping me believe that I am diabetic. I still don't know what my a1c is.

·
Diabetic
2,680 Posts
You'll know for certain with the OGTT. Metformin (if that was the drug you were taking) takes some time to exit the system. So keep tracking your numbers for a week or two before you draw any conclusions.

Exercise always helps. I use it in place of medication to keep my BGs stable during the day.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
The word diabetes covers a lot of different conditions. For some people just changing their diet is enough to bring down bgs. For others oral meds or insulin is needed. If you were only on metformin for 2 days I doubt it had a chance to start working. I think your new diet may be resting your pancreas enough to give you normal bgs. Some diabetics are able to manage their disease on diet alone.

·
Premium Member
9,420 Posts
How were you diagnosed as diabetic? If you were just entering the diabetic range of higher BGs, then a reduction of carbs diet could quickly bring them down.

There's no doubt I have diabetes because if I eat a "normal" carby meal, my BG rises way above normal.

However, I have had near normal numbers for many months because of my diet, in that I don't require much insulin to be produced because I don't eat many carbs. So my pancreas can keep up with the need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts