The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a day goes by that I don't need nuts - not just the whole almonds I use for snacks, but walnuts, pecans, slivered/sliced almonds/etc. A coupla days ago I had out both big bags of pecan halves & walnut pieces . . . and I haven't seen 'em since! :mad: DH made himself oatmeal the other day & couldn't find his walnuts - good thing I didn't make a crack about his memory, because I couldn't find 'em either! STILL can't find 'em. We're at our wits' end. I know the minute we drive into town & spend $20 replacing them - they'll turn up - isn't that how it usually goes? I am freakin' beside myself with frustration!

·
Registered
461 Posts
I know that feeling well ... I bought glue at Walmart last week to fix a chair... I have no idea where the glue is,,, nor the chair... Heh!

bugg:)lost as a turkey

·
Registered
57 Posts
Did you maybe put them in a container in the fridge? I did that once with coconut and couldn't find it; it had gotten pushed to the back and I thought there were leftovers in that container, rather than the coconut, so I didn't look in there.

Hope you find them!

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
I took 'em. Sorry. <munching>

Man, I hate that stuff. They'll be in some weird place, like you were going to use 'em but had to quickly water the garden and dropped 'em when you picked up the hose. Like that.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Doesn't that just drive you "nuts". I am misplacing things all the time. I usually do go to the store and buy more. Of course then find the first ones right where I put them.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
In my tiny crowded house ther eare FIVE us to make off things and put them somewhere obscure ... and at least one is a bit of a hoarder -- overbuys stuff.

Having alz on both sides of the family does not help the frustration ...

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
In our household, we honor the tradition of putting important objects Somewhere Safe.

This means, of course, that we'll never see them again ...

... until we've lost something else altogether. For example, the nuts may materialize as you're searching for your car keys.

Sympathies, and best of luck!

Reactions: foxl and Shanny

·
Registered
716 Posts
Shanny said:
Not a day goes by that I don't need nuts - not just the whole almonds I use for snacks, but walnuts, pecans, slivered/sliced almonds/etc. A coupla days ago I had out both big bags of pecan halves & walnut pieces . . . and I haven't seen 'em since! :mad: DH made himself oatmeal the other day & couldn't find his walnuts - good thing I didn't make a crack about his memory, because I couldn't find 'em either! STILL can't find 'em. We're at our wits' end. I know the minute we drive into town & spend $20 replacing them - they'll turn up - isn't that how it usually goes? I am freakin' beside myself with frustration!
I think you have a squirrel infestation. Could be you were having a bed time snack and there under the bed. About loading ones mind I forgot to put the coffee pot back in the machine this morning what a ... mess.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I don't mind self correcting spelling most of the time on the iPad but when it changes the work it makes you look stupid. " loosing my mind"

·
Registered
15 Posts
mean people

mean people who eat nuts and discuss eating nuts to someone who has become allergic to nuts (along with becoming type 2) drive me crazy...

so I am hiding all the nuts!! If I cant have them, neither can you! Your house may be next...

(I am just teasing... but I miss pbj sandwiches soooo bad)

Reactions: foxl

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
We grew up in an very old rambling house in up state NY. I remember as a kid after Halloween we would take the pumpkin seeds and roast them. Of course we would then leave them out on the counter to dry out. Well one Fall we did that and came down in the morning and they were all gone. We couldn't figure where they had gone. Then over the Christmas Holidays I decided I was going to go ice skating on a local pond. I pulled my skates out of the back of the closet and they were filled with pumkin seeds. I guess our friendly little house mice were storing them for the winter. In the country you learn to co-exist with these friends. I now never put boots or skates on unless I check the insides first.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Same here, Jeanne, and it was chipmunks as well as mice. We'd find nuggets of dog food tidily stashed around in the engine compartment whenever we had to leave the car parked outside. We even found piles of acorns in the rarely used spare rooms upstairs. Over the years we've sealed up the house better, but years ago you never knew what you might find. And I never slide into ANY pair of shoes without checking either . . . if it isn't seeds, it might be a spider or something else crawly! :D (I can abide the spiders as long as they eat the flies . . . ;))

·
Registered
741 Posts
lol @ seeds in shoes...once on my aunt's farm I put on some big knee high rubber wellington boots...and as I did I felt this squishhh...and it was a FROG....never ever put on shoes without checking lol

Also I saw in a store a box about the size of a shoe box and it had this label on it saying Somewhere Safe...I thought that was very clever

·
Registered
54 Posts
Things around my house fall into a big black hoe and sucked away My Daughter is looking for her pink note book that she keps all her information she needs and to do list well she can not for life of her find it now if it wasnt for the fact my head is attached I would lose that . I have lost my 2 pairs of shorts for the summer and I have misplaced few other things. oh well mybe they well show up soon. LoL

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
mean people who eat nuts and discuss eating nuts to someone who has become allergic to nuts (along with becoming type 2) drive me crazy...

so I am hiding all the nuts!! If I cant have them, neither can you! Your house may be next...

(I am just teasing... but I miss pbj sandwiches soooo bad)
GG have you tried sunflower butter? It is what our school uses since they are peanut-free, and it is pretty good. Tahina (sesame paste) is also a good substitute but more $$$

I cannot eat peanuts OR bread. I do love a spoonful of sf butter or tahina now and again though.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I am always losing things even in this small apartment, but what really bothered me most in my house in the country, besides no cable :mad: , was critters racing around in the forced air vents while I was trying to go to sleep! :eek:

ColaJim

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
d, I love the idea of that box. That would make a great gift for myself and some of my friends! Shanny, have the nuts shown themselves yet?

That reminds me of years ago when my kids were small and we had someone I called "Mr. Nobody" because he was very active in our house. I think he moved out when the kids did...rarely see his handiwork these days!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
d, I love the idea of that box. That would make a great gift for myself and some of my friends! Shanny, have the nuts shown themselves yet?
Nope, not so far. I picked up 8 oz. bags yesterday at the store - still hoping the big bags will turn up! :(

·
Registered
259 Posts
Growing up, we could never keep a pen, buy a package, next day couldn't find the first one. Well, fast forward a few years, I was in college and finally trading in my dying car. My father and I meet at the dealership after work to swap everything out of the car....you will NEVER guess what was in my trunk. We counted over 200 pens just out of my trunk, I swear I don't know how it happened. Long story short....your nuts are probably in my trunk. :rolleyes:

Reactions: moon and Shanny
1 - 20 of 29 Posts