The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I thought I would share some good news with you. My dad who was diagnosed as type 2 about 15 years ago has done something great.

He has been very overweight for as long as I can remember and his fasting BG has always been over 7.5 (135) even though he has been on about 8 different pills with a good dose of Metformin included.

I think he got shaken up by my prediabetic diagnosis last year and has finally listened to me about him needing to loose weight. With the info I have learnt at this very forum backing me up he has managed to loose 3 stone in weight and come off over half his meds. And with a very excited nurse phoning him with the good news that his A1c had come down to below 6 for the first time ever I think it will last and keep improving.

Thanks to everyone for the good advice. I think you have helped to save his life.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Great news! This site is just amazing - so many people benefit in such important ways. Thanks for sharing it!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hi All

I thought I would share some good news with you. My dad who was diagnosed as type 2 about 15 years ago has done something great.

He has been very overweight for as long as I can remember and his fasting BG has always been over 7.5 (135) even though he has been on about 8 different pills with a good dose of Metformin included.

I think he got shaken up by my prediabetic diagnosis last year and has finally listened to me about him needing to loose weight. With the info I have learnt at this very forum backing me up he has managed to loose 3 stone in weight and come off over half his meds. And with a very excited nurse phoning him with the good news that his A1c had come down to below 6 for the first time ever I think it will last and keep improving.

Thanks to everyone for the good advice. I think you have helped to save his life.
That is awesome! Great job by him and you too for encouraging him!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts