The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:Cry:personally I don't want to give up 14 g of carbs (in a salad no less) and only get 1.9g of fiber or 1.6g of protein. Just another screwy "recommendation" for diabetics! Jeez!! Maybe just drink the wine and go have a bacon cheeseburger without the bun!

Ingredients:
1 cup dry white wine
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Romaine lettuce leaf
1 tsp cumin seed
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 shallots, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1-1/2 cups red potatoes, unpeeled, diced
1-1/2 cups carrots, thickly sliced

Place all ingredients except the lettuce in a large roasting pan. Toss lightly to coat the vegetables well and roast, covered, for 45-60 minutes until the potatoes and carrots are very tender. Remove the vegetables from the oven and chill. To serve, place the lettuce in a large salad bowl or platter and top with the roasted vegetables.

Calories 130
% Calories From Fat 32.5%
Total Fat 4.7g
Saturated Fats 0.7g
Mono-unsaturated Fats 3.3g
Poly-unsaturated Fats 0.6g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 30mg
Total Carbohydrates 14g
Dietary Fiber 1.9g
Sugar 2.2g
Protein 1.6g

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
To start with

1 tsp Romaine lettuce leaf aint going to cover the bottom of the boll.

you dont say what the serving size is for 14 gr of carbs like 1/2 cup?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To start with

1 tsp Romaine lettuce leaf aint going to cover the bottom of the boll.

you dont say what the serving size is for 14 gr of carbs like 1/2 cup?
Here's the link....they say there's 6 servings! Just how ridiculous is it to make the main ingredients potatoes and carrots? Roasted Potato and Carrot Salad Recipe

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I used to love potatoes until I read something on one of Gretchen Beckers blogs. She said most carbs like potatoes you can't eat by themselves you need to doctor them up with all sorts of things to make them taste good. Why bother. Have a nice steak, some asparagus and a glass of red wine.

Reactions: foxl

·
Registered
21 Posts
In what way is it good for us? Um... the garlic is good for your heart! Beyond that, total rubbish. I'm still laughing at the "1 tsp lettuce" for a 6 serving salad. Gotta be a misprint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.