The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This noon I "treated" myself to Indian food, which included several mounds of white rice and one slice of Naan bread, in addition to tomato/chicken sauces and legumes.

My pre-dinner readings are usually around 100. My number this evening, 6-7 hours after this meal was 142. Could this meal still have been affecting me?

·
Registered
13 Posts
This noon I "treated" myself to Indian food, which included several mounds of white rice and one slice of Naan bread, in addition to tomato/chicken sauces and legumes.

My pre-dinner readings are usually around 100. My number this evening, 6-7 hours after this meal was 142. Could this meal still have been affecting me?
Yes indian food , particularly white rice for me , shooys bg up

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love Indian dishes and the bread, I love. I can tell you, the heaps of rice and the beans, lentils, and all the starchy veggies will skyrocket your BG. The bread is probably the worst. Do you realize how huge that piece of bread is? I feasted on Indian food and never checked my blood sugar. But my guess is that it's equivalent to having a full blown pasta feast with a whole loaf of garlic bread. I'm sure I'll go over 250.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.