The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever get indigestion that feels like your chest has a dull pain? I've had it for a few days now. Been burping a lot. Anyone got a recommendation for what helps? I'm laying off spicy food for a few days to see if that was the problem. Seems like the pain in my chest comes and goes but acts up more after I eat. I told my wife if it's a heart attack it's the slowest one in history lol.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Sounds like something worth checking out!

It also sounds familiar, if I read you correctly. Before diagnosis, I had rather severe gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and lots of gas bubbles which caused the kind of pain you describe. Took lots of Prilosec.

When I went low-carb, those symptoms dwindled, then went away, much to my surprise.

When I eat carbs, however, the pain comes back. Sometimes it's my first clue that I've eaten hidden carbs ... it hits pretty quick. My meter usually confirms it.

Don't know if that's what's happening to you, it's just my experience. Hope you get real answers soonest!

Reactions: mydiabetesandme

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
My experience mirrors Shalynne's . . . carbs were causing all the issues I had for many years. Once I got established on LCHF, I woke up one day realizing I wasn't having any regurgitation, burping, heartburn, bloating anymore.

·
Banned
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My experience mirrors Shalynne's . . . carbs were causing all the issues I had for many years. Once I got established on LCHF, I woke up one day realizing I wasn't having any regurgitation, burping, heartburn, bloating anymore.[/QUOTE

Since I've been eating better and loosing weight I've not had heartburn at all the past two months. I use to eat two Rolaids at least once a day. I know it's probably nothing major but you do a search on the Internet (which I know better than to do) and now I've talked myself into thinking I've got some rate African tribe disease. Bahahahahah

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
If you are eating low-carb and still getting that, then going to the doc would be best. I find that especially wheat products will give me heartburn. So now I look at them and I can almost feel the pain. Works as a great deterrent, LOL.
Hey, that's the secret to my success!

Carbs in any form can create painful memories, but wheat's a particular problem for me, too.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Well, it would be nice if he's right, but that doesn't account for your 'indigestion' disappearing for the last two months when you've been eating a better diet and losing weight. I guess we'll see, eh?

·
Banned
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, it would be nice if he's right, but that doesn't account for your 'indigestion' disappearing for the last two months when you've been eating a better diet and losing weight. I guess we'll see, eh?
Agreed. I have been eating better but have been using more hot sauce to add flavor to stuff more so maybe that has been causing some problems. Don't know I guess time will tell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts