The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I have a few. Do you support the skin with a finger a half inch on either side of the needle?

Are you taking aspirin or other anticoagulants? Are you using microfine pen needles or slightly larger, and are you re-using?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't re-use needles and am using the microfine. Whether I support the skin or not doesn't make a a diff. Supposed to be taking a 80 mg aspirin but usually don't (can't seem to remember it). Stomach's the worst, always leaves like a quarter size bruise, ugly, so I pretty much stay away from that area nowadays.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I find that if I apply pressure to the site immediately after injection I reduce the number of times I bruise. What's happening is that you hit a capillary or two and are bleeding under the skin. As with any wound putting pressure on it will stop the bleeding. Do not massage the spot, just press and hold for a few seconds.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Don't re-use needles and am using the microfine. Whether I support the skin or not doesn't make a a diff. Supposed to be taking a 80 mg aspirin but usually don't (can't seem to remember it). Stomach's the worst, always leaves like a quarter size bruise, ugly, so I pretty much stay away from that area nowadays.
Aimster if you want to take aspirin, you should add it to your pill box, if you are on other meds. OR take omega 3 supplements. Chia and flax oil are cheap enough ... :hippie:

G

·
oh yeah I do notice that too Amy... but I don't always bruise every single time. What I've noticed is that if I get pain on injecting, I usually do bruise... if I don't it's fine and I can hardly notice I've injected. The other thing I've noticed is that I inject in the same couple of areas and I can look like I've got the measles or something with all the red spots from injecting. lol. Sometimes I get a bleeder and it usually happens when I'm in a hurry... I wind up with blood on my clothes. Yesterday I had one of those days where my fingers would stop bleeding either from testing. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.