The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the hardest time falling asleep this evening. I checked my bgl after my snack and 5 units of lantus and it was 79 so I drank some juice to get it up knowing it takes a dive at night.

I had a stomache and slight cramping in my feet but I guess it eventually passed because I slept or at least I think I was asleep until I woke up at 230am to use the bathroom.

I still had a slight stomache so I checked my bgl again and it was 110.

Now I can't go back to sleep.

For months prior to being dx'ed I had a hard time getting to sleep or sleeping through the night....looks like it's back

Anyone else up and having a hard time sleeping?

roll call!

I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had the hardest time falling asleep this evening. I checked my bgl after my snack and 5 units of lantus and it was 79 so I drank some juice to get it up knowing it takes a dive at night.

I had a stomache and slight cramping in my feet but I guess it eventually passed because I slept or at least I think I was asleep until I woke up at 230am to use the bathroom.

I still had a slight stomache so I checked my bgl again and it was 110.

Now I can't go back to sleep.

For months prior to being dx'ed I had a hard time getting to sleep or sleeping through the night....looks like it's back

Anyone else up and having a hard time sleeping?

roll call!

Hi, I stay up late (more like half the night) but because I enjoy it. I either watch late-night tv, which is great, or come on my computer, or read. So peaceful. I often even do some housework during these hours.

Rosa

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I too was happily up at night for years after I had my son and thoroughout undergrad and graduate school.

I might even be able to enjoy it if I had the option of sleeping in but I have to go in to work at 8 am. I had to call off last week due to being exhausted (lack of sleep) and don't want to make a habit of it.

Getting up to do housework crossed my mind but then my adrenaline will get pumping and really have me tired throughout my work day.

I have opted to just lie in the bed and try to rest my body even if I'm not asleep.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're so lucky!

Sweet dreams!

I'm staring at my alarm clock that will go off in 3 mins

G

·
haha... yes... know that feeling :D I leave for work by 7am so I do get annoyed when I haven't had enough sleep.. I certainly feel it. Between my stomach and hypos... that's what wakes me up or keeps me awake.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
onlymep said:
haha... yes... know that feeling :D I leave for work by 7am so I do get annoyed when I haven't had enough sleep.. I certainly feel it. Between my stomach and hypos... that's what wakes me up or keeps me awake.
So glad to hear it's not just me....not that I'm happy either of us have to go through it

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Last summer I went through about 4 months where I slept very little. My bgs were terrible because of it. I think it was from messed up hormones and some inflammation in my body. I tried all sorts of supplements and teas but nothing worked. Finally I saw some Melatonin with theanine at Costco. It was cheap, so I bought some. It did the trick. I have been using it ever since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts