The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone -
does anyone have any experience with insulin allergies? I am a type 1 in the honeymoon period and the clock is ticking. I am taking Lantus in the morning right now, and that is OK. I have tried Novalog and Humalog for my FA, but get hives, swollen eyes, and incredible muscle pain ( I can barely move). My endo is at a loss, and the allergist says she has only seen this once in 30 yrs, and is not getting back to me to even see me. Has anyone else had this happen? any solutions that work for you? I also need to add, I am also allergic to histamines and steroids.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Apidra is made by the same co as makes Lantus, maybe you can tolerate that one.

how about the old school insulins.... from animals?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi there.
I am also T1 on honeymoon they think. Maybe LADA but I think the former more likely.
Anyway I use Lantus in the morning and used Apidra for a bit but have managed to now avoid it with the lchf. I now don't use any bolus.
If you need the bolus I would suggest the Apidra may be your best chance.
Good luck and hope you find a solution that works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there.
I am also T1 on honeymoon they think. Maybe LADA but I think the former more likely.
Anyway I use Lantus in the morning and used Apidra for a bit but have managed to now avoid it with the lchf. I now don't use any bolus.
If you need the bolus I would suggest the Apidra may be your best chance.
Good luck and hope you find a solution that works.
I have been diagnosed with autoimmune disease, its gotten my pancreas and my thyroid - more tests to come. I am sorry to hear you are in a similar boat as mine. I will talk to the endo about Aprida as suggested by both of you. If anyone else has any other ideas, I am thrilled to hear them. the more info I have the better!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I think they add different things to different insulins, so you may need to try a few. I know people don't like them but the older insulins may be better than the new ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts