The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would like to order an out of pocket insulin blood test. Can anyone point me in the right direction in regards to the proper test(s) to order? Thank you.
I ordered an antibody test through JDRF at a cost of $65. They mail you the test and instructions on how to perform it. ( easy peasy). if you are T1 diabetic you will have antibodies. If not you will not have antibodies. If you have been T1 for a number of years, You may have low antibodies perhaps confusing the results. Our new endocrinologist says we could not possibly manage Ronnie's BG as well as we do if he was T1 diabetic.. He has been treated for t1 diabetes for over 21 years, by an endocrinologist with excellent credentials. (The doctor died and we have not been able to get the records. Please keep copies of your records.) That's another issue. You can go to Quest Diagnostics online and find their nearest location and the labs available. I do not know which test is the insulin test.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.