The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am looking to purchase a case to carry insulin (which has the capability to maintain the temperature.

My mom who also has diabetes faces the problem of having to carry large packets of ice packs to keep her insulin cold. Is there a portable solution which she can carry in her purse ? Maybe something like a compact or pouch style

If yes can I order them online ?

Thanks

Tony

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
That's the size of the insulin pens she uses

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont think I thanked you guys. I got the FRIO pouch for my mom and it works great !

Thanks

·
Banned
21 Posts
Very good decision you have taken about to purchase a case to carry insulin. Insulin is always need to keep in cold climate otherwise it will expose. You can order case for insulin from online medicine store, but before that ask your doctor.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hey Sam? What business is it of any doctor what we carry our insulin around in? And please respond - I can see you're online - I can even see that you're still viewing this thread.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I used pens, currently trying 3x/Lev per day so must carry both. The case I ordered (see above) is like carrying a whole PURSE in my purse. I pulled out the cold packs since for pens I do not need them.

So ... there IS no in between. This one has adequate loops for stuff, but it is TWO compartments and I always need both open. NOT very well designed. I will try maybe one more ... I thought it was terribly overpriced!!! The one that came with the meter was almost better, despite carrying pens on the outside. UGH!

But I agree with Shanny, it would not make sense consulting my DOCTOR on this!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I used pens, currently trying 3x/Lev per day so must carry both. The case I ordered (see above) is like carrying a whole PURSE in my purse. I pulled out the cold packs since for pens I do not need them.

So ... there IS no in between. This one has adequate loops for stuff, but it is TWO compartments and I always need both open. NOT very well designed. I will try maybe one more ... I thought it was terribly overpriced!!! The one that came with the meter was almost better, despite carrying pens on the outside. UGH!

But I agree with Shanny, it would not make sense consulting my DOCTOR on this!
foxl,

When I was on MDI, I used one of these cases. Would there be anything from this site that might suit your needs.

insulin cooling travel case | Frio Insulin Cooling Case

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Okay Foxl, this sounds like an opportunity for a creative person to design something. I have some thoughts. Maybe I'll create it and become a millionaire! Whatcha'll think? :)

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Okay Foxl, this sounds like an opportunity for a creative person to design something. I have some thoughts. Maybe I'll create it and become a millionaire! Whatcha'll think? :)
I hope you CAN! I thought about making my own, but all that stitching on the elastic loops and so on ... OY!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Sorry, I wasn't paying attention very well. Is it more like a purse type case that you are looking for?

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Something that fits in my purse! I commute, and carry a BIG purse, including my lunch and my kindle ... you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Okay, now I get you. Since you work, I will 'surf' the net and see what I come up with. TTYL :)

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Oh I have been surfing ... there is nothing exactly like I want.

Odd that there are many that hold syringes, but NOT as many to hold pens!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Reactions: foxl
1 - 20 of 34 Posts