The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently on basal & bolus insulin. I've gotten the hang of the bolus vs carbs & my numbers seem to be fine from breakfast through dinner. My problem is that I always wake up with fasting numbers in the 200s (I don't know what that is in the European single digit way of counting). I have slowly increased my basal from 18 up to 30 units. I tried going higher, but my mid-day numbers would plummet if I took more than 30. It's like my liver won't stop pumping out sugar while I sleep! If I were a car, I'm sure there would be some kind of sensor that could be replaced & I would be good as new. Since I'm not a car... I could use some advice. I've tried the "eat a spoonful of peanut butter before bedtime". (? whatever! that had noooo effect whatsoever!) & "go for a walk after dinner". (also useless- but more enjoyable than peanut butter).

??? any other ideas???
Thanks,
Melanie

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A few times I have gotten up & checked every hour or two all night. It appears to just be a steady upward climb all night. I haven't found a jump. I will try a 2 or 3 am small bolus, but I hate all of this horrid weight gain so I am trying to keep this insulin down to just the minimum needed. Could I try working out before bed? Does this help? There is definately no low followed by a high...
-Melanie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.