The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres a question for you.....I lost my insurance a while back when i couldn't find a job, I've been diabetic since i was 10. I haven't been to the Endocrinologist in over 2 years because i can't afford it.....i can't get on state help even though i don't make much..(they told me i'm to young and i don't have kids so i can't get it.) i can't afford to pay 300 a month for insurance and besides that no insurance will accept me......what do i do??? i'm getting scared for my health :( i don't want to be 24 and feel old because i never feel good.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Under the new Health Care bill you should be covered under your parents insurance until the end of the year you are 26. I think that went into effect last September.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Under the new Health Care bill you should be covered under your parents insurance until the end of the year you are 26. I think that went into effect last September.
tried that but not only do my parents not talk to me but they are also in a different state.....and due to budget cuts they will be losing their insurance also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts