The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Hello Alex, welcome to our community! I have used insulin for 64 years and I have never had a problem with it. I watch the expiration date in case I have an old vial in the fridge. Sometimes I fail to use the older vials first.

I have had insulin in my pockets or in my car when the temperature was above 90 degrees and also when it is below 20 degrees in the colder weather. The insulin was not affected by the high/low temperatures. I never allow a vial of insulin to remain in direct sunlight. If insulin ever freezes it should be thrown out but I have never had that problem.

I keep my unopened vials in the refrigerator but I can carry an open vial in my pocket with no problem. Body temperature is not a problem. I am presently pumping insulin and the insulin in the resevoir on my pump is directly against my body at all times. The heat from my body does not affect the insulin at all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.