The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have recently been diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis (IC), which is a long-term (chronic) inflammation of the bladder wall. It is not an infection and does not respond to antibiotics.

It is often misdiagnosed for years as repeated Urinary Tract Infections and it's cause is unknown. Basically, for weeks at a time, I feel like I have a permanent full bladder. And as you can imagine, this is incredibly unpleasant and sometimes unbearable.

I have had many UTI's over the years , as can be common with diabetes. And I wonder if this has contributed to the development of IC. I've also wondered if there was a link with the diabetes, but have failed to find any information on this.

Is anyone aware of any studies that have looked at a link between repeated UTI's & IC or Diabetes & IC?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Dunno, but DMSO is mentioned and is available in some health food stores even if your doctor is unco-operative.
I have used DMSO orally to effectively treat chronic agonizing arthritis in my knees that medical doctors were incompetent to treat.

Treatment Approaches for Interstitial Cystitis: Multimodality Therapy

Hi,
I have recently been diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis (IC), which is a long-term (chronic) inflammation of the bladder wall. It is not an infection and does not respond to antibiotics.

It is often misdiagnosed for years as repeated Urinary Tract Infections and it's cause is unknown. Basically, for weeks at a time, I feel like I have a permanent full bladder. And as you can imagine, this is incredibly unpleasant and sometimes unbearable.

I have had many UTI's over the years , as can be common with diabetes. And I wonder if this has contributed to the development of IC. I've also wondered if there was a link with the diabetes, but have failed to find any information on this.

Is anyone aware of any studies that have looked at a link between repeated UTI's & IC or Diabetes & IC?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Colajim, I've done a lot of my own reseqrch on treatments etc.

What I'm more interested in though is whether there is a link between IC and diabetes & it's complications.

·
Super Moderator
6,160 Posts
Basically, for weeks at a time, I feel like I have a permanent full bladder.
How awful! I can't imagine. Although I can't help with your question about possible link between IC and diabetes, you have my sympathy with the symptom. Wow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts