The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who has watched this program, you will probably agree that many of these documentaries have been Very interesting and so helpful to People going through the same problems.

Anyways, this one is about Diabetes. It's on the A & E channel tonight at 9:00 p.m. over here. If you get it and haven't seen it, it may be on a different time or day, where you live.

(If the link doesn't work the first time, click it again).

A&E Television - Intervention Episode Guide

·
Registered
279 Posts
I didn't watch it as I was sleeping (I work midnight shift) but my children watched it. My kids said it was interesting and had a happy ending!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Terrie, I watched the progrsm but it seemed to me that the young diabetic had more of a problem with depression and lack of confidence than diabetes. I think his depressed state of being preceded his diagnosis and that is why he was not taking care of himself and running very high blood sugar. I am concerned that nondiabetics and newly diagnosed diabetics might have been given the idea that his reaction to diabetes is typical. I didn't like the show, it gives false impressions. It was kind of like he was a depressed young man who just happened to have diabetes and that just added to his depression.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, the World Juniors Hockey(Team Sweden vs Team Canada) was playing during the same time slot as "Intervention" so I
missed the first 20 minutes, so I was not aware that the Lad had Depression before his Diabetes, Richard. He didn't seem to have any Friends or "Life" though which would be depressing, I imagine. So you certainly have a point there.

It was a Sad show for sure but interesting to observe the Family and their reactions, from an outside view. I'm Glad in the end, that he decided to go for the 90 day program. It obviously was the answer for him. I bet he met Friends there also. His attitude was a lot brighter. Hey, Tough Love! Sometimes it has a place....even with Diabetics.

ps. Team Canada(Hockey Juniors) won their 5th Gold medal in a row. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts